Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf LXXVI - The Werewolf Draft! Game over, see last pages for details (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=65983)

PackerFanatic 06-23-2008 08:06 PM

At least in the few games I have participated in, it usually seemed that each GM had their own way of handling the deadline and each game played to a different time area (some afternoon, some evening, so on, so forth) So maybe this game doesn't work for some and works better for others, almost guaranteed another game will work better for those people that this one sucks for (if that makes sense, heh)

Schmidty 06-23-2008 08:08 PM

I just called my wife, and I was right - She thinks I'm being a drama queen, so I'm staying in; however, I won't be very active. I'm at work from 11 pm - 7 am PST, and actually have a ton of time to post since my job duties take like 45 minutes total, so most of my posts will be when everyone else is asleep. Basically, I won't be able to banter/discuss/argue and such in real time, so don't be surprised if I'm UTR. I guess that's never a surprise with me anyway. :)

Schmidty 06-23-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 1758807)
nice edit schmidty

I don't even remember what I said. Was it particularly bad? Also, does editing matter when the game hasn't even started?

saldana 06-23-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 1758813)
I don't even remember what I said. Was it particularly bad? Also, does editing matter when the game hasn't even started?

i was actually being serious...i didnt really like your original post very much...i thought your edit got your point across much better...the first time, your point would have been lost in the drama that your comment created.

saldana 06-23-2008 08:15 PM

dola, fwiw, i dont really care for the deadline, as I will be in the middle of my work day, and typically have client meetings in the middle of the afternoon, but that doesnt mean i am gonna not do as much as i can in the evenings, mornings, and over my lunch break

Schmidty 06-23-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 1758815)
i was actually being serious...i didnt really like your original post very much...i thought your edit got your point across much better...the first time, your point would have been lost in the drama that your comment created.

Yeah, I guess calling Lathum a smelly vagina wouldn't have helped things. ;)

DaddyTorgo 06-23-2008 08:16 PM

I don't think editing before the game starts is bad. the time it was edited and the date are clearly visible

claphamsa 06-23-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 1758817)
Yeah, I guess calling Lathum a smelly vagina wouldn't have helped things. ;)

I think that would help just about evferythign!

DaddyTorgo 06-23-2008 08:19 PM

so you're saying wolves have smelly vaginas??

*sniffs*

Lathum 06-23-2008 08:48 PM

My point wasn't to tell Schmidty how wrong he is, but to just say there are alot of people who would rather post from work then home, there will never be a deadline that is convienent for everyone, thats just the nature.

Barkeep49 06-23-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1758840)
My point wasn't to tell Schmidty how wrong he is, but to just say there are alot of people who would rather post from work then home, there will never be a deadline that is convienent for everyone, thats just the nature.

Word. And frankly I think 24 hour deadlines disadvantage people who can't be around at deadline more than help them.

mccollins 06-23-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 1758811)
I just called my wife, and I was right - She thinks I'm being a drama queen, so I'm staying in; however, I won't be very active. I'm at work from 11 pm - 7 am PST, and actually have a ton of time to post since my job duties take like 45 minutes total, so most of my posts will be when everyone else is asleep. Basically, I won't be able to banter/discuss/argue and such in real time, so don't be surprised if I'm UTR. I guess that's never a surprise with me anyway. :)

I don't know if I've ever been in a game were Chief Rum doesn't have all his posts in the middle of the night. Similar situation to a few people who have been on the other side of the world.

I guess I've always seen it as 'buyer beware' regarding the deadline, but it would stink if there was never a game with a deadline that was good for you.

claphamsa 06-23-2008 08:57 PM

yeah, no one is ever gonna be happy! the one I hate is 1o EST, right at bed time! do you stay up extra? or just check in the morning :(

Passacaglia 06-23-2008 09:32 PM

Wasn't there an evening deadline last game? Did anyone complain about that?

Barkeep49 06-23-2008 09:32 PM

I use the 10 eastern a lot because it's 9 for me and that, during the school year, is frequently the only time I know I'll be home.

oliegirl 06-23-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1758859)
Wasn't there an evening deadline last game? Did anyone complain about that?

I think it was 9 pm for me, which is ET. That was fine, but I prefer afternoons just b/c of my work schedule...noon is the best, that is when I'm getting off work...but I know that isn't best for most people. If a game had a deadline I don't think I can be around for, I just skip that game.

Lathum 06-23-2008 09:41 PM

When we first started playing these games the deadline was 6:00 PM EST

Passacaglia 06-23-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1758862)
I think it was 9 pm for me, which is ET. That was fine, but I prefer afternoons just b/c of my work schedule...noon is the best, that is when I'm getting off work...but I know that isn't best for most people. If a game had a deadline I don't think I can be around for, I just skip that game.

Really? Why is deadline such a big deal?

mccollins 06-23-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1758863)
When we first started playing these games the deadline was 6:00 PM EST

Ewwww. That's just about the one time I'm not online while awake. That's when I'm picking my son up and heading home for dinner.

oliegirl 06-23-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1758865)
Really? Why is deadline such a big deal?

It's just a preference for me, I like to be around during deadline in case a vote needs to be moved.

Mrs. Schmidty 06-23-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1758588)
Got my PM, checking in as a villager. Lets go good guys.

Didn't really get a PM yet obviously. Was just a joke because of last game's board outages occuring during the PM stage and... err well nevermind. .... ... :devil:

I live!! ;)

Mrs. Schmidty 06-24-2008 12:01 AM

No PM yet, but I hope Alan's not a wolf this game - his analysis could be very helpful from what I see. Plus, the game gets a little too quiet without him! So that's my vote, make Alan a villager :lol:

Chief Rum 06-24-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty (Post 1758957)
No PM yet, but I hope Alan's not a wolf this game - his analysis could be very helpful from what I see. Plus, the game gets a little too quiet without him! So that's my vote, make Alan a villager :lol:

What if you're a wolf?

saldana 06-24-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty (Post 1758957)

dont worry about alan...if he is a wolf, i will let you all know,and if i die before he does, lynch him. (:D to alan)

KWhit 06-24-2008 08:06 AM

Man, I hate ww drama.

Neon_Chaos 06-24-2008 08:10 AM

Would have loved to join. But, alas, real life must take priority. And the schedule really doesn't work for me. Have fun all. I'll probably just watch. :popcorn:

RendeR 06-24-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos (Post 1759017)
Would have loved to join. But, alas, real life must take priority. And the schedule really doesn't work for me. Have fun all. I'll probably just watch. :popcorn:

Wuss ;)

:D

Lathum 06-24-2008 08:33 AM

so we gonna get our PM's anytime?

Alan T 06-24-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1759043)

You don't have your PM already?

Barkeep49 06-24-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1759043)

Funny story. I had a PM this morning from chief which had the title "Draft" and then it said "You're up first" and I'm like, this makes no sense. Is there some mechanic I don't know about that involves a player picking people? Then I realized that I was involved in two things that had to do with a draft (this and the historical people one) and it wasn't WW related at all.

st.cronin 06-24-2008 08:37 AM

I'm composing pms now, also I'll have an updated rules post. I'm making a couple of minor changes. Please bear with me. :D

Schmidty 06-24-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1759011)
Man, I hate ww drama.

Isn't that the whole point of the game? Of course, you're probably just being sarcastic. :)

oliegirl 06-24-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 1759061)
Isn't that the whole point of the game? Of course, you're probably just being sarcastic. :)

I'm thinking we should have Schmidtys little title changed from "Pro Starter" to "Drama Queen"

:D

Lathum 06-24-2008 09:01 AM

thats awesome

st.cronin 06-24-2008 09:10 AM

Roles and rules:

The village wins when all four wolves are eliminated. The wolves win when there are as many wolves as villagers left in the game, with one exception: If all that is left is one wolf and the Hunter, the villagers win.

Villager roles

Seer
Fake Seer (thinks he's the seer, but isn't - revealed as seer upon death)
Spy (can follow one player per night - if he follows the wolf making the kill, he can id the wolf)
Bodyguard
2 Masons (no pm rights, and are not allowed to reveal upon pain of death)
Duke
Philosopher (scans for the cultist)
Hunter (Villagers win if he is one of the last two players)

Wolf roles

Cunning wolf (scans as villager)
Brutal wolf
cultist (counts as a villager, wins with the wolves, knows the wolves but has no pm rights - selected by the wolf team)
Sorceror (scans for the seer)
Regular wolf

Only the cunning wolf can kill any player - all other wolves may only kill a player who has voted for them at some point in the game. This only includes votes tabulated at the deadline. The wolves may kill 1 player per night.

All pms are being sent out now. Vanilla villagers will get the following pm:
Quote:

You are a villager. Your objective is to lynch all the wolves.

Good luck, and have fun!
Wolves and non-vanilla villagers will get more specific information, obviously.

The first deadline is Wednesday, 3pm Eastern time. Pms are composed and being sent out right after this is posted. I will post again after they are sent out, and the game will begin then.

Good luck, and have fun!

Edit: When voting, PLEASE provide a blank line both above and below the vote, as well as bolding the vote.

st.cronin 06-24-2008 09:13 AM

All pms are sent out! Game on!

KWhit 06-24-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Only the cunning wolf can kill any player - all other wolves may only kill a player who has voted for them at some point in the game. This only includes votes tabulated at the deadline. The wolves may kill 1 player per night.

Interesting rule. I have never played in a game like that before. Seems like that will bring an interesting twist to who we all vote for.

Alan T 06-24-2008 09:15 AM

Checking in!

claphamsa 06-24-2008 09:17 AM

Im checking in as a villegar! and Im gonna try and not get lynched. so quiet is my game

Alan T 06-24-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1759093)
Im checking in as a villegar! and Im gonna try and not get lynched. so quiet is my game

I don't like people who are under the radar the entire game. I might vote clap for being too quiet! :)

Lathum 06-24-2008 09:17 AM

villager checkong in

KWhit 06-24-2008 09:18 AM

Just a basic villager for me.

I don't know if all of the roled characters were drafted first, but if so, i'm kind of offended.

claphamsa 06-24-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1759095)
I don't like people who are under the radar the entire game. I might vote clap for being too quiet! :)

jerk!

oliegirl 06-24-2008 09:22 AM

Villager checking in.

Telle 06-24-2008 09:23 AM

Vanilla villager checking in.

Barkeep49 06-24-2008 09:25 AM

As an amateur hoopologist I am going to suggest he would pick someone like sndvls as his first pick. Therefore I am going to

Vote sndvls

DaddyTorgo 06-24-2008 09:26 AM

got my PM. had the same experience as Barkeep, which made me do a double-take and laugh till I realized CR wasn't running the WW game.

anyways...villager here

offended that hoops didn't draft me for the wolves team (unless super-cool poli snatched me first). I think after the game the draft-order and who was what should be revealed.

DaddyTorgo 06-24-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1759109)
As an amateur hoopologist I am going to suggest he would pick someone like sndvls as his first pick. Therefore I am going to

Vote sndvls

sound thinking. Of course he could also have picked you! :eek:

mccollins 06-24-2008 09:30 AM

Vanilla villager checking in!

Lathum 06-24-2008 09:31 AM

I think a good place to start would try and consider who Hoops would pick