Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Lost, Season 2 (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=42866)

Poli 05-28-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judicial clerk
What were the portugese chess players reacting to? The magnet turning on or off? or maybe michael hitting some coordinate as he left the island

I thought the screen said something to the affect of "electromagnetic anomoly."

If that's the case, I'd assume it was the magnet turning off and on, and the first time they missed it was the first system failure on 9/22/04. What weirds me out is that Miss Pen is looking around for it/him. He's been missing for 3 years now?

I know, I know. Money can do anything. But what did Ms. Pen do? Buy Dharma or someone with Dharma secrets?
---
Seems kind of weird they're living in November 2004 in the Lost world.

Honolulu_Blue 05-28-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I thought the screen said something to the affect of "electromagnetic anomoly."

If that's the case, I'd assume it was the magnet turning off and on, and the first time they missed it was the first system failure on 9/22/04. What weirds me out is that Miss Pen is looking around for it/him. He's been missing for 3 years now?

I know, I know. Money can do anything. But what did Ms. Pen do? Buy Dharma or someone with Dharma secrets?
---
Seems kind of weird they're living in November 2004 in the Lost world.

Her father was one of, if not the key, financier of the Dharma initative. Or at least I think so. There was some wealthier "humantarian" named in the first movie Locke watched who was credited as funding the project. I think it was Ms. Pen's father, the bald dude in the limo.

NoMyths 05-28-2006 01:39 PM

Unrelatedly, I'm absolutely taking Ms. Pen as a shoutout to yours truly. :)

ahbrady 05-28-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
keep in mind - what very well could have happened is once jack, kate, sawyer and hurley were having that confrontation w/ Michael en route to the Others Camp, they could have come up with a new plan. Michael knew his cover was blown, at that point i'm sure he realized a new gameplan was needed. he could have told michael where sayid would be, so now you got Michael, sayid and jin as a sneak attack.

That's what I'm thinking is going to happen. Michael is going to meet up with Sayid and Jin to help rescue Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. I haven't predicted much of anything right on the show so far though, so I'm probably way off base.

jbmagic 05-28-2006 02:37 PM

Kinda surprise that Walt didnt say nothing when he saw Jack, Sawyer and Kate like that.

He could of said Dad what about them.

Swaggs 05-28-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Her father was one of, if not the key, financier of the Dharma initative. Or at least I think so. There was some wealthier "humantarian" named in the first movie Locke watched who was credited as funding the project. I think it was Ms. Pen's father, the bald dude in the limo.

I feel pretty confident of this, as well.

I also wonder if Pen may have possibly paid off Libby in order to get Desmond a boat, so that he could accomplish whatever he needed without (in his mind) it coming from her and her father's wealth and so that she could possibly track him with a planted GPS of some sort.

Swaggs 05-28-2006 03:29 PM

Also, I just thought of this. Didn't Libby say her deceased husband's name was David? I wonder if that could be the same "Dave" of Hurley's imagination?

Poli 05-28-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

I thought I had made that connection as well. I'll have to watch that again sometime. I'm thinking of carrying a 2nd bag on my flight to Chicago...since I'll be dumping my Navy uniform there when I head to Africa. Maybe I can make room for my first season of Lost.

Poli 05-28-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmagic
Kinda surprise that Walt didnt say nothing when he saw Jack, Sawyer and Kate like that.

He could of said Dad what about them.

I was a little surprised he sat on that boat the way he was without saying anything. He had to be able to hear his dad's voice on the dock and acted surprised to see him on the boat. Maybe I'm mistaking surprised for happy...but I would think that he would be ready to spring up if he had heard his dad outside. Instead, he appeared to be just sitting down or crouching down and not very enthusiastic about it.

NoMyths 05-28-2006 05:57 PM

Occam's answer: producers needed to disguise the kid who plays Walt's obvious aging since season 1, and so kept him as little seen/heard as possible. If this were season one, their reunion would have been more thorough.

rexallllsc 05-28-2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I thought I had made that connection as well. I'll have to watch that again sometime. I'm thinking of carrying a 2nd bag on my flight to Chicago...since I'll be dumping my Navy uniform there when I head to Africa. Maybe I can make room for my first season of Lost.

Didn't Desmond say something about the father taking Ms. Pen away from him forever? Is it possible that he was implying that he crashed him there?

Grammaticus 05-28-2006 08:41 PM

I'm so pissed off at Michael. I really think Hurley was gonna get laid.

DanGarion 05-29-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Alvar Hanso? Not sure about that, since he didn't look like the same guy that they show, but I guess it could match up with the fact that Hanso hasn't been seen for 3 years...

chinaski 05-29-2006 11:03 AM

not Hanso, but Widmore. Her father is the CEO of Widmore Labs, part of the Hanso and Dharma Initiative project. Supposedly, Widmore Construction are the ones who built the islands infrastructure.

DanGarion 05-29-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski
not Hanso, but Widmore. Her father is the CEO of Widmore Labs, part of the Hanso and Dharma Initiative project. Supposedly, Widmore Construction are the ones who built the islands infrastructure.

Ah, stuff that Bad Twin goes into more...

gottimd 05-29-2006 01:50 PM

Did anyone else hear/see the Hanso Foundation Public rep on the Jimmy Kimmel Show? ABC is really going all out to make it real. Very odd. Anyways I had a few thoughts of the season finale:

1. Kelvin Innman and Ranzik. Is it possible that Ranzik didn't actually kill himself but ditched Innman like Innman was trying to do to Desmond. I mean for a shotgun blast to the cieling, it didn't look like there was any damage to it and it was a perfect circle, no splatter. Maybe Ranzik actually got away, and was the guy that initially Hurley met in the insane asylum from season 1. You know the guy who was playing connect four and continously repeating the numbers?

2. Everyone thinks that the blast door that flew back on the island is an indication that Locke and Ecko were blown up. That explosion (Arzt dynamite) in a confined area could've sent that door flying in the air, and when the EMP bomb/pulse went off, kept it in the air? Once it stopped it sent the door hurling back down? There is no way they are killing off Ecko or Locke.

3. Is it possible, that the Electro Magnetic field keeps the Island invisible? Like a barrier or force field so no one can find it or navigate to it?

4. Widmore set up the race around the world? He knew Desmond wasn't leaving his daughter alone and that he was shamed so he set up the whole race to strand desmond out there away from his daughter (Penny). She found out about it somehow, and knows or found out through Hanso leaks that the only way to find the island is to monitor for EMP blasts or something?

5. The actual Henry Gale was flying a Widmore Labs ballon. Was he hired by Penny to find Desmond?

6. Walt and Micheal or actually headed to another hatch where the main others are? Fake Henry Gale sailed in from the dock from somewhere and the camp they were out wasn't real. Maybe those coordinates are the underwater hatch everyone keeps talking about. Why would the others go through so much trouble to get Walt and then just let him go?

7. Or maybe Ranzik is the Fake Henry Gale?

8. Why didn't anyone ask Desmond about the Hostiles he talked about?

9. The Palla Ferry, where the others had Jack and company at the end, was noted in the Pearl Video, for those in the pearl hatch to go to, to be picked up when their experiment was over.

10. Desmond said he was going 9 knots East and should've been in Fiji, in a week. So wouldn't that mean he knows where they are on a map, or couldn't a fan trace that backwards to find out where he thinks they are?

11. So they crashed in 9/2004. Desmond had been in there for 3 years (2001). According to sites something had happened in 1985, and that guy I noted in point #1 said something that Dharma Initiative had stopped in 1985. This is just a point on the time frame of things.

I hear that season 3 will focus mainly on the others and how they got there, and introduce many new characters.

DanGarion 05-29-2006 01:57 PM

Not sure if anyone caught that Kelvin is the same guy that was in Sayid's episode. He was the guy that got Sayid to do the interogation.

Castlerock 05-29-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangarion
Alvar Hanso? Not sure about that, since he didn't look like the same guy that they show, but I guess it could match up with the fact that Hanso hasn't been seen for 3 years...

And, according to the audio clip on hxxp://www.djdan.am, Alvar Hanso is cryogenically frozen in Arizona

gottimd 05-29-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castlerock
And, according to the audio clip on hxxp://www.djdan.am, Alvar Hanso is cryogenically frozen in Arizona

That PR Guy that was on the Kimmel show said Hanso was alive and travelling the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBInGFmOToU&search=Hanso

sovereignstar 05-30-2006 11:53 AM

BOOBIES

Draft Dodger 05-30-2006 01:11 PM

rofl.

is that doctored?

sovereignstar 05-30-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
rofl.

is that doctored?

Nope. I checked before I posted it. In the full clip it almost looks like Alex is smirking. I really wonder what the story is behind that scene. It couldn't have just been some random thing.

Draft Dodger 05-30-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Nope. I checked before I posted it. In the full clip it almost looks like Alex is smirking. I really wonder what the story is behind that scene. It couldn't have just been some random thing.

looks like she just did it by mistake - she dropped them like a hot potato as soon as she realized. great stuff.

Anthony 05-30-2006 01:58 PM

too bad she's got nothing to grab onto or else i'd have had some masturbatory material. Kate has a chest like a 12 year old boy.

OldGiants 05-30-2006 03:07 PM

shit

From the SCI FI Weekly newsletter:

"I'm excited about love in season three," said executive producer Bryan Burk, adding: "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. ... The concept of love [is there], and ... it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three."

My worst fears are realized. Forget plot, more snuggle bunnies.

Bleech.

sovereignstar 05-30-2006 03:11 PM

If it's love, I hope it's NYPD Blue love. I want some bare asses.

ice4277 05-30-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

If it's love, I hope it's NYPD Blue love. I want some bare asses.

Only if its Hurley.

Daimyo 05-30-2006 03:23 PM

I don't know that I'd worry about it too much. Near the start of season 2 the producers mentioned in the podcast that the love "triangle" between Sawyer, Anna Lucia, Jack, and Kate would be a big deal in season 2 and that never really materialized... at least not in an overly annoying or distracting way.

gottimd 05-30-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ice4277
Only if its Hurley.

Hurley finds his clone and falls in love with him. Lost Season three season beginning, Hot man on man love.

kingfc22 05-31-2006 01:15 AM

uh WOW. My head is spinning right now.

sovereignstar 05-31-2006 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
too bad she's got nothing to grab onto or else i'd have had some masturbatory material. Kate has a chest like a 12 year old boy.

Smaller boobs equals more sensitive nipples. I'm just imagining the split-second *ooo* feeling that Kate is more than likely experiencing. And then, she probably makes this akward eye contact with Alex. The kind of eye contact that speaks, "I want you to touch more of my salty parts."

Samdari 05-31-2006 06:53 AM

Quote:

Smaller boobs equals more sensitive nipples.

Wow, that's quite the myth.

Draft Dodger 05-31-2006 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samdari
Wow, that's quite the myth.

++

Anthony 05-31-2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Smaller boobs equals more sensitive nipples. I'm just imagining the split-second *ooo* feeling that Kate is more than likely experiencing. And then, she probably makes this akward eye contact with Alex. The kind of eye contact that speaks, "I want you to touch more of my salty parts."

i don't believe any of this gunk, but fortunately, it helps me see that clip in a new light. bravo. i like the phrase "salty parts". i give your post a 7/10.

scaredycat 05-31-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs
Also, I just thought of this. Didn't Libby say her deceased husband's name was David? I wonder if that could be the same "Dave" of Hurley's imagination?

As all women drive us to the looney bin, I'd say you may be right.

Raiders Army 05-31-2006 12:20 PM

Michelle Rodriguez got out of jail after spending one day because of overcrowding.

Anthony 05-31-2006 01:02 PM

i wonder what her private parts look like.

QuikSand 06-07-2006 11:24 AM

I just got caught up this weekend... and then on this thread.

I don't share the deep pessimism with a lot of you, really. My expectations are admittedly pretty low for network TV, but I thought Season Two was pretty good. Not quite as good as Season One, but that's hardly a fair comparison. And I didn't mind the whirlwind last 15 minutes... how can anyone be surprised that we'd be left with massive cliffhangers by the show for the summer?

Enjoy the ride, it isn't so bad.

TazFTW 09-06-2006 05:22 AM

Eko is soooo dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imdb

Another 'Lost' Actor Arrested
British Lost star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was arrested on Saturday in Hawaii - joining the ever-growing list of cast members cited for traffic violations on the island. The 39-year-old actor, who plays Mr. Eko on the drama, was arrested for disobeying a police officer and driving without a license. According to police, he posted $500 bail and was released after spending just over six hours behind bars. In December, Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested for drink driving. Both pleaded guilty. Six other cast members have been cited, but not arrested. Josh Holloway got a speeding ticket in September, while Dominic Monaghan has been pulled over twice for speeding and was also cited for driving without a license. Naveen Andrews has also been slammed with two speeding tickets and Ian Somerhalder has one. Harold Perrineau Jr. was also ticketed for having no motor vehicle insurance during a safety check in Honolulu.

Poli 09-06-2006 05:31 AM

Toast.

Toddzilla 09-06-2006 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast (Post 1239364)
Toast.

Driving w/o a license << drunk driving.

Honolulu_Blue 09-06-2006 07:45 AM

Mr. Ecko better keep a close eye on his Jesus Stick.

DanGarion 09-06-2006 09:36 AM

Totally not dead, if it was anyone that got a ticket then Sawyer and Charlie would already be dead too.

gottimd 09-06-2006 09:40 AM

I'll bet my right testicle that he isn't dead and/or won't die. I'll lay a 10 episode over/under.

jbmagic 09-06-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottimd (Post 1239516)
I'll bet my right testicle that he isn't dead and/or won't die. I'll lay a 10 episode over/under.

Very Clever. I can read between the lines. :)