Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Goal Line Blitz MMORPG (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=64420)

hawk4669 07-01-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrymcg421 (Post 1766681)
Grand Junction's Alexander Thunder pwns all other kickers. He is absolutely on fire this year. He hit 28/28 FG's in the last 4 games. This includes 13/13 from beyond 50.

MVP!! MVP!! MVP!!

gottimd 07-05-2008 09:53 AM

Level 9 QB looking for a team....

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=416434

MrDNA 07-22-2008 07:38 PM

Anybody still playing this? I've got a level 20 safety who needs a home.

SirFozzie 07-22-2008 08:07 PM

MrDNA: I have good news and bad news:

Good news, I'm running a team.

Bad News is: The team's gone through four owners in less then a season, and they've pretty much wrecked the team financially and player wise. 90% of the team left when their contract expired. I'm trying to recruit folks to make up for it, but as things stand, I can only pretty much give a mininum to your level contract. But If you don't mind, I'd be glad to send you an offer

astrosfan64 07-22-2008 09:08 PM

Anyone have a guard, CB, LB that is 14+ that needs a team?

BYU 14 07-22-2008 09:18 PM

Looking for a LB, DT and G. The Guard would be a backup spot, but players over lvl 20 would start at both DT and LB.

ColtCrazy 07-22-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottimd (Post 1769942)

My team, Lexington Lynx, needs a backup QB. I'll send you a contract.

MrDNA - Which Safety? I know we could use one. I'll check with my GM.

dbd1963 07-22-2008 10:16 PM

As of this moment, Richmond still needs starters at HB and OLB -- but you need to be around lvl 24. Does such an animal exist on this plane?

Doug5984 07-22-2008 11:10 PM

My buddy is getting a team in the next release, will be a capped team at lvl 13, I will be the GM and basically doing everything for the next few months (he is busy in med school)- so I will be looking for some players to fill out the roster. I'm assuming since so many teams are being released talent will be stretched thin, so I'd love to have some FOF guys starting on the team.

vex 07-22-2008 11:47 PM

I have an Level 10 OT that will be free on day 5

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=610410

MacroGuru 07-22-2008 11:49 PM

Trying to rebuild the Victoria Admirals, we hit a downward spiral last season, some of it is my fault as I didn't secure another GM after PurdueBrad has to step down.

If anyone wants to play in the CPL and wants to bolster a team hit me up, we need OL, WR, QB and CB.

Icy 07-23-2008 04:16 AM

My team has finally reached the European West Pro league this year, we need a DE as we have only 2 right now (the backups are leaving to friends teams). We have 5 or 6 FOFCers already and we are a stable team with good interaction in the team forums, tactics discussions, etc.

Doug5984 07-23-2008 07:24 AM

i actually ended up with an uncapped team, so if you want a contract offer let me know- can't promise a starting spot since the team is now uncapped...

gottimd 07-24-2008 03:30 PM

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=408584

Level 15 Guard needs a team....

SirFozzie 07-24-2008 05:49 PM

I need Cornerbacks. Anyone got any CB willing to play for my team?

sachmo71 07-24-2008 06:04 PM

I have a level 7 CB...Blasty McDynamite. He's a Zone guy.
I also have a level 13 QB name a' Hark Twiney.

vex 07-25-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vex (Post 1787997)
I have an Level 10 OT that will be free on day 5

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=610410

Bob Kalsu is now a FA. Would prefer to play for an FOFC owned team. Don't have to start, just want max xp possible.

QuikSand 07-25-2008 07:41 AM

There's one thing that I have found to really detract from the "development" experience in this game. Since so many of us (and our opponents) basically started at the same time, the process of advancing to higher and higher XP and levels really has no practical effect. My DE has advanced to lvl 24 or so, but since every OT he faces is also in that naighborhood, it's basically a draw. *shurg*

I miss out on the incremental abilities I'm used to from a more standard RPG... where as my guy move up levels I can face tougher and tougher challenges and expect more and more rewards from my exploits. Here, it's more like the cold war... I just need to keep leveling to avoid being completely run over by the perpetual advance of all those around me. (That's happening slowly anyway, but my guy is at least still good enough to play)

MacroGuru 07-25-2008 08:44 AM

The one thing that I am hating is trying to get free agents signed.

We eliminated a lot of our inactive riff raff last season and took a big time chemistry hit keeping us at the bottom of the Canada Pro League, however towards the end we gave a good fight to some of the tougher teams.

Now no one will sign with us because we are perceived as "losing team", it's beginning to piss me off and to the point I am getting disgusted with the game.

Silver Owl 07-26-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 1788038)
My team has finally reached the European West Pro league this year, we need a DE as we have only 2 right now (the backups are leaving to friends teams). We have 5 or 6 FOFCers already and we are a stable team with good interaction in the team forums, tactics discussions, etc.

Soooo .... the Swords are thin at DE .... check. :devil:

And welcome to the WEPL !!

cartman 07-26-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 1790864)
There's one thing that I have found to really detract from the "development" experience in this game. Since so many of us (and our opponents) basically started at the same time, the process of advancing to higher and higher XP and levels really has no practical effect. My DE has advanced to lvl 24 or so, but since every OT he faces is also in that naighborhood, it's basically a draw. *shurg*

I miss out on the incremental abilities I'm used to from a more standard RPG... where as my guy move up levels I can face tougher and tougher challenges and expect more and more rewards from my exploits. Here, it's more like the cold war... I just need to keep leveling to avoid being completely run over by the perpetual advance of all those around me. (That's happening slowly anyway, but my guy is at least still good enough to play)

I think the key to the higher levels is how your player is built. You can be a level 24, but if you've not spent your points wisely, the Level 24 might be outclassed by a Level 18 player that has built their player better.

Doug5984 07-26-2008 12:16 PM

My team is looking for the following positions:
Backup FB
Backup TE
Starting and Backup C
Starting and 2 Backup OTs
Could use a stud at DE...
We need CBs like you wouldn't believe.

Anyone wants to join up, let me know and I'll get you a good contract offer

Antmeister 07-26-2008 12:22 PM

I am a level 19 cornerback looking for a team:
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=73012

Antmeister 07-26-2008 12:22 PM

So start sending me offers Doug.....or anyone else that needs a cornerback.

MacroGuru 07-26-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antmeister (Post 1791971)

PM sent.

MrDNA 07-26-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColtCrazy (Post 1787831)
My team, Lexington Lynx, needs a backup QB. I'll send you a contract.

MrDNA - Which Safety? I know we could use one. I'll check with my GM.

Listed as Strong Safety, but he's played Free Safety, as well as Cornerback.

Antmeister 07-26-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 1791986)
PM sent.

And I replied.

SFL Cat 07-26-2008 02:32 PM

Level 9 FB available...

I'm his agent, he'll play for league minimum

Doug5984 07-26-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antmeister (Post 1791971)

Ahh damn I leave the house for an hour and we miss out on a lvl 19 CB. Well, glad that you at least got to join up with another FOFCer... Only on my team you'd have been the best player :(

Doug5984 07-26-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFL Cat (Post 1792017)
Level 9 FB available...

I'm his agent, he'll play for league minimum

You have a link to him, and do you mind being a backup FB?

sachmo71 07-27-2008 12:10 PM

Blasty McDynamite has signed.

samifan24 07-30-2008 07:14 PM

I just joined as a level one cornerback and signed with a CPU team. I've been playing MetroHo, the online hockey sim, a lot lately so I thought I'd give this football once a shot.

MacroGuru 07-30-2008 09:52 PM

I have to say the AI tweaks leave the play calling to the imagination. It's made it definitely interesting again. Seeing some teams that should not be winning doing it against bigger guys.

The jury is out if that is the AI hindering the big guy or the AI helping the little guy.

Doug5984 07-30-2008 10:15 PM

My team is in desperate need of some help...and high rater players looking for some cash, and chance to be the man on a team let me know.

Also, there a lvl 7 SS on my team who is looking for a trade so that he can start- if you have a capped team and looking for someone, let me know and I'll be glad to send him over for min cash.

astrosfan64 07-31-2008 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 1796660)
I have to say the AI tweaks leave the play calling to the imagination. It's made it definitely interesting again. Seeing some teams that should not be winning doing it against bigger guys.

The jury is out if that is the AI hindering the big guy or the AI helping the little guy.

I created a pretty in depth defensive and offensive gameplan. We played against one of the better teams in our league. We are a top team also and we stomped them.

35 to 7.

There are bugs defiantely, but you have so much control of how your team plays now. I really got my team to run the ball the way I wanted to.

I moved to the 3 - 4 defense and I really applies the heat and it worked out. You can choose what guys to blitz.

It reminds me of that old game called Playmaker football.

sony 07-31-2008 08:50 AM

Just created my first player. Lv 1 QB Sony Hawk

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=782066

Looking to sign w/ any team offering playing time for XP. ;)

I'll be boosting this player to the max.

SirFozzie 07-31-2008 05:45 PM

Got killed in our first game. 34-7. Was only 10-7 ata half, but with our depleted roster, we just ran out of gas.

SFL Cat 07-31-2008 06:02 PM

Aw man....if I'd read this post I wouldn't have signed with your team... :p

QuikSand 08-05-2008 07:22 AM

Well, I guess the FOFC team has passed me by - I'm not putting $ into this thing, so that's to be expected.

Anyhow, my DE is level 22, and looking for a team. I have several offers from strangers, but Id' rather play fora team with an owner I know. Anyone interested, send me a PM ere so I can pick out your offer. Thanks.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=34536

Icy 08-05-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 1800648)
Well, I guess the FOFC team has passed me by - I'm not putting $ into this thing, so that's to be expected.

Anyhow, my DE is level 22, and looking for a team. I have several offers from strangers, but Id' rather play fora team with an owner I know. Anyone interested, send me a PM ere so I can pick out your offer. Thanks.

The team i own (Toledo Swords), has only 3 DE's so a 4th one would be great for our rotation system as having only one backup limits us a lot. We are in the Western Europe pro league after being promoted past season from AAA.

We have several FOFCer's with 1 or more players in the team, like Subby, gstelmack, Breizhmanu, Jeebers, Chesapeake and me and we discuss tactics daily etc in the team forum.

I'll send you an offer now, but have on mind that you will share time with those other 3 DE's already in the team. Nobody has the starting spot guranteed and we really try to give enugh time to every player in the deep chart, but if you just want a ton of playing time as starter, this won't be the right team for your DE (i like to make it clear in advance).

larrymcg421 08-05-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

I didn't notice your contract was ending. I just sent you a new offer if you want to stay with the Silverbacks.

mauchow 08-07-2008 04:57 PM

Nazca Liners Looking for Offensive Line Help!

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=2983

We need an upgrade or backups at each of our lineman positions. If you're interested, let me know. If you're a level 20 or better(or better ratings than any of our current starters), YOU WILL START.

Feel free to join our team.. We're 3-0 to start the young season. My prediction for our team is 12-4 but we're a piece or three away from being a top notch team in our division. We mainly need help on the OL. Thanks for any help!

Mau

SirFozzie 08-07-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

I definitely want you on my team, but let me know if you still want a contract

QuikSand 08-07-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrymcg421 (Post 1800744)
I didn't notice your contract was ending. I just sent you a new offer if you want to stay with the Silverbacks.

I'm back with Grand Junction, no worries. Sorry for the drama, I had just assumed you moved on to a more advanced player.

Alan T 08-07-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 1803892)
I'm back with Grand Junction, no worries. Sorry for the drama, I had just assumed you moved on to a more advanced player.

It is ok, every team needs a Terrell Owens type, you trash-talker you! :)

Coffee Warlord 08-07-2008 08:19 PM

As the team I'm playing on is calling it quits, my two players need a new home. I'd prefer an FOFC'r, of course.

Rob Nielsen - (23 WR) http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=67166
Erik Flamebeard of the Neither Here Nor There (21 DT) http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=248036

SirFozzie 08-07-2008 08:27 PM

Coffee: I DEFINITELY want your players around. Do I need to trade for your players, or can you get a release?

Coffee Warlord 08-07-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirFozzie (Post 1803941)
Coffee: I DEFINITELY want your players around. Do I need to trade for your players, or can you get a release?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerg01
Due to Arles getting enough emails, it is best if I start placing players. Please email me with the team you would like to go to and I'll work it out ASAP. I'll make it for a low cash offer. I want the next owner to at least have enough in the coffers to get free agents

So fork over a little cash and we'll be right on over. Let him know who's sending the offer, I'm PMing him now to let him know.

SirFozzie 08-07-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 1804014)
So fork over a little cash and we'll be right on over. Let him know who's sending the offer, I'm PMing him now to let him know.

Gonna cost a pretty penny $405K, but I sent an offer.

Coffee Warlord 08-07-2008 09:56 PM

There can be no pricetag on the wonders that are Rob Nielsen and Erik Flamebeard of the Neither Here Nor There!