Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Goal Line Blitz MMORPG (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=64420)

JAG 06-10-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordscarlet (Post 1746162)
OK. I have a Level 18 QB. I was on Ben's team until he sold it, and the owner is willing to work on a trade. Who is interested?

Our team is set at QB, but I will vouch for this guy being one of the top 2 or 3 QB's we faced last season so if you have a need, you should really bring him in.

MacroGuru 06-11-2008 08:28 AM

And I have a level 9 QB I am just looking at either a backup or starter spot...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=447845

The team I am on signed 3 of us (made offers all on the same day at the same time, and all 3 accepted) I asked for a release or trade because I was sitting on the bench at the 3 spot...they then removed me from the DC and then made a trade offer to my team for 3 high level talent players for my QB and 2 scrubs, which I rejected.

If it all works out, I will sit, collect a check for another season and then be on my way.

Mustang 06-11-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 1747150)
If it all works out, I will sit, collect a check for another season and then be on my way.

I still say that the design of the game should have been buy a team with flex points and then buy flex points to upgrade individual players on your team and then limit leagues by max flex points you could use in a season (10k, 5K, 2.5K, etc). So, if you wanted to spend more money, join a higher league.

It's like joining WoW and having a guild say - Ohhhh.. you can't play today, sorry.

MacroGuru 06-11-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 1747191)
I still say that the design of the game should have been buy a team with flex points and then buy flex points to upgrade individual players on your team and then limit leagues by max flex points you could use in a season (10k, 5K, 2.5K, etc). So, if you wanted to spend more money, join a higher league.

It's like joining WoW and having a guild say - Ohhhh.. you can't play today, sorry.

Bingo, I am not too concerned though, I own a team, have several players, I built a QB so I would understand the tactics available to them.

ColtCrazy 06-11-2008 10:32 AM

Anyone see the new thing by Bort on how they are going to basically penalize you if your player is way above the average level for the conference you are in? So if you are sticking your level 20 guys in low leagues to win cheap championships, then those level 20 guys will get hurt in XP. Interesting. Nice to see they are doing something about the farm teams.

Anthony 06-11-2008 10:53 AM

i refuse to play this game any longer. i emailed one of the game admins, told them the situation about my CB being stuck on that team where the owner doesn't even have me on the depth chart, and i got some stock response basically "we don't interfere in owner/player issues". i stated that that stance was hurting their bottom line, since i refuse to pay anymore money towards the game while my player is in that situation, and that i couldn't think of anyone else who would pay money towards a game where something like this happens to one of their players.

whatever, i got too many other sources of entertainment. i haven't even checked in that other football online game - "Deep route" in a long time. i got GTA and soon OOTP9 coming out, i don't need this GLB nonsense. not worth it.

Anthony 06-11-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 1747150)
And I have a level 9 QB I am just looking at either a backup or starter spot...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=447845

The team I am on signed 3 of us (made offers all on the same day at the same time, and all 3 accepted) I asked for a release or trade because I was sitting on the bench at the 3 spot...they then removed me from the DC and then made a trade offer to my team for 3 high level talent players for my QB and 2 scrubs, which I rejected.

irony is wonderful.

couldn't have happened to a better guy. :devil:

ColtCrazy 06-11-2008 11:02 AM

HA, that's really a shame. If you want, shoot me a link and I can take a stab at a trade offer. I have some trade bait that might get you free.

But as for the owner you are with, I love how a little bit of "power" makes people turn into complete a-holes. The bottom line is it's a game and it's supposed to be fun. Some of these owners (and even players) are complete idiots.

Kodos 06-11-2008 11:10 AM

I have a feeling that dealing with HA would turn a lot of people into a-holes. The guy is a royal pain in the ass.

gstelmack 06-11-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 1747298)
I have a feeling that dealing with HA would turn a lot of people into a-holes. The guy is a royal pain in the ass.

That's the way I keep reading it. If you have trouble with EVERYONE you deal with, maybe the problem isn't them?

Anthony 06-11-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 1747298)

hey, i will at least use lube before i give you a pain in the ass. i'm sympathetic like that.

Anthony 06-11-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstelmack (Post 1747304)
That's the way I keep reading it. If you have trouble with EVERYONE you deal with, maybe the problem isn't them?

actually, i don't have a problem with the team my QB is on. my QB starts, as he was promised, so no prob there. the trouble starts when people offer me a contract, say i'm going to be the starter for the life of the deal, and then bench me for other players.

my fault, i shouldn't have accepted a multi-year deal. silly me, actually believing someone when they say i'm the starter for the whole length of the deal and put up a nice bonus to entice me to sign. i should've known better, and i should've just remained quiet when i was benched for no reason. and when i get traded to another team that leaves me off the depth chart right off the bat and i proceed to request to be moved and the owner's response is "you have a 3 year deal, you can't go anywhere and i don't have to do anything", then, yes, i'm the bad guy.

fun game, this GLB.

Arles 06-11-2008 10:55 PM

I didn't offer anyone on my team more than a 1-year deal. In fact, if nothing changes and the season ends, I will have one player on my team (my LB) ;). I also stated I will work with all players if they want out and trade them to a better fit (for min cash even). I did that with two guys who signed and then wanted out because we got better quickly in those spots.

IMO, it's not worth the aggrivation of signing multi-year deals in FA. If someone wants a ton of bonus money for a 1-year deal, I'll move on to the next guy. My hope is that people will join, enjoy the team and then decide to extend for another season with a fair deal. I also never sign my own guys to other teams for more than a one-year deal. IMO, if all players/owners took this stance, there would be very few issues. The game is trending towards rewarding loyalty with Bort's changes, no need to artificially create it by signing 2-3 year "slave" contracts.

astrosfan64 06-12-2008 10:04 AM

Lost City Idols are number 1

MrBug708 06-12-2008 10:52 AM

Good win for us

sachmo71 06-12-2008 03:37 PM

I have level 4 QB that hasn't played for a human team yet, if anyone needs a backup backup. :)

MacroGuru 06-12-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic (Post 1747286)
irony is wonderful.

couldn't have happened to a better guy. :devil:

Ahh, but here is where the difference lies.

I am not an asshole.

I am getting the trade that was requested. I received the apology from the management of the team.

I wasn't blocked from the teams forum, I actually was productive to the teams, fancy that.

It's amazing what being civil can bring you...

I do have one thing to say HA, you are consistent, in everything you do on this message board, in the online games you play on, everywhere i have seen you.

The only question I have is, does that consistency translate from behind the computer?

Or are you just an internet asshole for pure shock value?

Sgran 06-13-2008 02:54 AM

I'm creating a brand new defensive end. I want to put him in the D-league, but I thought I'd check here first for advice. Does anyone have any tips on joining a D-league team? I'm trying to make a pure sack machine -- all agility, and speed, with no stamina, so that wherever I go I'm playing 15 snaps or so and go straight for the QB.

Icy 06-13-2008 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgran (Post 1749056)
I'm creating a brand new defensive end. I want to put him in the D-league, but I thought I'd check here first for advice. Does anyone have any tips on joining a D-league team? I'm trying to make a pure sack machine -- all agility, and speed, with no stamina, so that wherever I go I'm playing 15 snaps or so and go straight for the QB.

Bad idea imho, playing time = development, stamina = more playing time, so low stamina = low number of plays = slow development.

Sgran 06-13-2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 1749059)
Bad idea imho, playing time = development, stamina = more playing time, so low stamina = low number of plays = slow development.

good point, especially since I'll get a lot of reps on a CPU team. I'll build it until I find my niche later as a rotation DE. I joined the Atlanta Lightning, where we have 3 human players so far. it will be interesting to see how many snaps i get (stamina at 13 now).

JeeberD 06-13-2008 05:30 PM

DE Jeeberoni Potpie is now a member of the Lost City Idols. Hopefully he can get to the QB as well there as he did last year in Buenos Aires, where he racked up a league high 8 sacks.

Bad-example 06-13-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgran (Post 1749077)
good point, especially since I'll get a lot of reps on a CPU team. I'll build it until I find my niche later as a rotation DE. I joined the Atlanta Lightning, where we have 3 human players so far. it will be interesting to see how many snaps i get (stamina at 13 now).

Since it is a cpu team, don't forget to set your play intensity to "relaxed" to stay on the field as much as possible.

Arles 06-13-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeberD (Post 1749666)
DE Jeeberoni Potpie is now a member of the Lost City Idols. Hopefully he can get to the QB as well there as he did last year in Buenos Aires, where he racked up a league high 8 sacks.

Jeeberoni is our starting LDE - so let those sacks come in!

larrymcg421 06-13-2008 07:15 PM

A great start to the season for DE Larry McGillicuddy: 8 tackles, 3 hurries, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 1 pass defended.

Of course, we have a massive DT that keeps double teams off me: http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=34616

hawk4669 06-13-2008 07:57 PM

TE Hawk McGawk catches 10 passes and racks up 107 receiving yards in his season three debut.

WR Fingers O'Neill also catches the first Silverback TD pass of the new season!

Cheers!

Arles 06-13-2008 11:17 PM

If anyone has a level 11+ OT and wants to be our starting LT, PM me in GLB. I had to move one of our guys because he wanted to go to a friend's team so we are a little short at OT.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=3135

JeeberD 06-14-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arles (Post 1749724)
Jeeberoni is our starting LDE - so let those sacks come in!

Six hurries and two sacks in his first game of the season. Jeeberoni's picking up right where he left off!

Doug5984 06-15-2008 12:10 PM

Well I originally signed up having no clue what to do...
My first player I made a lot of bad moves with, he wasn't even on a team for 2 seasons.

Today a friend convinced me to get back into it, so I created a few more players. All D-League guys... Should be interesting, wish I would've given the game more of a chance when I first signed up.

Anthony 06-15-2008 04:54 PM

HAHAHA, i was able to make an OT named "Pussy Licker". hahahahaha. this is the greatest.

JeeberD 06-16-2008 05:18 AM

Are you like ten years old or something?

sachmo71 06-16-2008 02:39 PM

Hark Twiney is now a lvl 6 pocket passer.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=35181

Icy 06-16-2008 04:24 PM

WOW, the new tactics options for defense have been added (just beta test). This is huge and will take hours to set, but it will be well worth it!!

Basically you can create "inputs" that are the tactics to be used in a very specific situation. You can create as much "inputs" as you want, with all those different factors. The game AI will read the inputs one by one until one fits the situation. else will use the default from the basic strategy (for those who don't want to mess with these advance tactics).

Here are some screencaps from a guy in GLB forums:

Rules on How the New Advanced Tactics Work:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...Howitworks.jpg

Default Part 1:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...aultScreen.jpg

Default Part 2:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ultScreen2.jpg

New Input/Output:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...put-Output.jpg

JetsIn06 06-16-2008 05:48 PM

The newly owned Gators just lost 110-0. Awesome.

Edit

just checked out the stats. Their RB had 7 TD's on 26 rushes. Again...awesome. Oh...they're OT also had 51 pancakes.

Kodos 06-16-2008 05:55 PM

The game produces very realistic results.

JetsIn06 06-16-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 1751897)
The game produces very realistic results.

:D

gottimd 06-17-2008 06:47 PM

Wow, this one was a nail biter!

http://goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=59311

Arles 06-18-2008 11:43 AM

The Lost City Idols managed to squeak out a 48-0 victory against the 2nd best team in the league:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=62113

Our average starter level was 15.3, their's was 15.0. We had a little better depth and I guess much better builds/gameplan. This was the first time I've seen such an unbalanced result from fairly equal teams.

gottimd 06-20-2008 06:04 PM

I have an RB who will be available in 10 days, Level 10.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=397971

larrymcg421 06-20-2008 06:08 PM

DE Larry McGillicuddy (http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...layer_id=34744) is having an outstanding season with 9 sacks in the first 4 games, including a 12 tackle, 4 sack performance in Grand Junction's last victory.

MrBug708 06-20-2008 06:13 PM

Lost City Idols are playing well

SirFozzie 06-20-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBug708 (Post 1756870)
my Lost City Idols playing well in preseason

Bug, you're jb? And you didn't tell us????

Shkspr 06-20-2008 08:43 PM

So the Silverbacks' next opponent has won the first four games of the season by an aggregate score of 243-6.

This ought to be fun... :rolleyes:

21C 06-25-2008 06:45 PM

Spoiler

hawk4669 06-25-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shkspr (Post 1756961)
So the Silverbacks' next opponent has won the first four games of the season by an aggregate score of 243-6.

This ought to be fun... :rolleyes:

Any given Sunday.... (or Wednesday in this case...) :D

Cheers!

mauchow 06-26-2008 06:47 AM

Hi, guys.

larrymcg421 06-26-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk4669 (Post 1761332)
Any given Sunday.... (or Wednesday in this case...) :D

Cheers!

You're a game behind there. That team beat us 38-6, although we did play them tougher than anyone else.

If we could just get our offense going, we'd be set. We really should have won our last game 66-10 or something, but it was nice to see our Kicker have an amazing day.

Peregrine 07-01-2008 01:11 AM

It seems like the game is getting a lot slower lately, and for some reason around this time of night I can't access it. Are they doing some kind of maintenance?

21C 07-01-2008 02:45 AM

I wouldn't say I've noticed any slowdown but around this time they process the daily training.

astrosfan64 07-01-2008 04:48 AM

I think this game is just getting alot slower in general. I think it is just the amount of users that are on this site now along with all of the new overhead from all the new teams etc... I'm sure it will get worked out.

larrymcg421 07-01-2008 03:17 PM

Grand Junction's Alexander Thunder pwns all other kickers. He is absolutely on fire this year. He hit 28/28 FG's in the last 4 games. This includes 13/13 from beyond 50.