Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   FOF 09 Graphics (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=99002)

NawlinsFan 11-13-2023 10:39 AM

Had to take a break from trying to figure out why stadium configurations are not working for me and threw this together. Had to get rid of the high school scoreboard features (sorry Jim) that, IMO, degrade the visual. Anyway, added this to the first post for download:

downpat75 11-13-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcool (Post 3418163)
For new players with no pictures, any way to setup random regenerated pic's?

You could replace all the Flag images with pictures of players (fictional or otherwise), then they will be sorta random based on their location. You would definitely have duplicates however.

NawlinsFan 11-13-2023 11:13 AM

Made a minor tweak, 20yd highlight, to this and think it shows much better. Adding it to the first post.

Sweed 11-13-2023 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3418444)
Had to take a break from trying to figure out why stadium configurations are not working for me and threw this together. Had to get rid of the high school scoreboard features (sorry Jim) that, IMO, degrade the visual. Anyway, added this to the first post for download:

Looks great in the game, thanks for sharing.

As to the old high school scoreboard? I actually liked it in previous versions. Almost put me in the mood to play some Sam Spence tunes and think of the "frozen tundra" of Lambeau Field. :) The trouble in v9 IMHO is the size of the monitor and how large those "light bulb" numbers have to be.

cdcool 11-13-2023 03:43 PM

Grass Bulidup

In the grass buildup, why is a number 9 looking symbol at the 50-yard line in?

To bad the whole thing can't be stretched out

The scoreboard looks great!

james17 11-13-2023 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james17 (Post 3418180)
To me this is the holy grail of the whole facial portraits issue!

I suppose it could be done with a process if there was access to facegen or a clone of it. Might have to be done manually with such software providing the pictures and then the user copying them into the appropriate players' portraits files.

NawlinsFan 11-13-2023 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcool (Post 3418474)
In the grass buildup, why is a number 9 looking symbol at the 50-yard line in?

To bad the whole thing can't be stretched out

The scoreboard looks great!

I just plugged it in for FOF9! Thought about doing the Solecismic logo and may later. I really wish the field was totally moddable. I would love to add team endzones and midfield logos. Unfortunately right now it's not. Maybe Jim will flex in the future and add it.

NawlinsFan 11-13-2023 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james17 (Post 3418475)
I suppose it could be done with a process if there was access to facegen or a clone of it. Might have to be done manually with such software providing the pictures and then the user copying them into the appropriate players' portraits files.

DDSPF has a really decent system using a number of faces and features that are randomly pulled in the game. It would be perfect here.

cdcool 11-13-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3418477)
I just plugged it in for FOF9! Thought about doing the Solecismic logo and may later. I really wish the field was totally moddable. I would love to add team endzones and midfield logos. Unfortunately right now it's not. Maybe Jim will flex in the future and add it.

Oh, okay, I realized after I posted LOL
I agree, not sure why it's restricted to such a tiny size.
But nice work!

cdcool 11-13-2023 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3418478)
DDSPF has a really decent system using a number of faces and features that are randomly pulled in the game. It would be perfect here.

All Draft Day Sports games have randomly generated facial features for Players, that are editable as well.

I agree, this would add a lot to this game as well.

NawlinsFan 11-13-2023 05:54 PM

Ok, this seems to work Ok for as much as I understand it. If I read it right it warns us of potential issues with the various areas. Anyway, posting in the first post:

NawlinsFan 11-13-2023 06:08 PM

I created this and am enjoying it. When I can I will resize it, zip it and add it to the first post.

It's a mix of things I "altered" as well as some applied screen shots. Just a mix a various things.

cdcool 11-13-2023 09:25 PM

Looks good

Dutch 11-14-2023 11:44 AM

Nice enhancements. Thanks!

NawlinsFan 11-24-2023 12:40 PM

Bored and wanted to tweak the field file just a bit. I toyed with the endzones and ended up with this (below). Can't trim it in white becasue, for some reason, that bleeds over into the green space on either side of the field but shading the endzones is fine. Also alternated the field shading every 5 yards. I know, it's one of these changes that doesn't add anything to the game but hey, I'm old, it makes me happy.

Added to the first post.

Mike Lowe 11-25-2023 06:24 PM

Appreciate the graphics, everyone! When I load a game, I am seeing the scoreboard all messed up. I just save it scoreboard_bits, right? I'm seeing a bunch of whited out areas. Must be something I did wrong.

NawlinsFan 11-25-2023 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Lowe (Post 3419567)
Appreciate the graphics, everyone! When I load a game, I am seeing the scoreboard all messed up. I just save it scoreboard_bits, right? I'm seeing a bunch of whited out areas. Must be something I did wrong.

Right Mike, it should be a direct replacement for the scoreboard_bits.bmp

Mike Lowe 12-03-2023 09:48 AM

What would be causing my injureman.bmp not to be showing up on player profiles under the medical section. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

NawlinsFan 12-03-2023 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Lowe (Post 3420216)
What would be causing my injureman.bmp not to be showing up on player profiles under the medical section. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

It shows on the player card under medical/transactions. Thats the only place I know that it is used.

Mbbmets1 12-11-2023 05:16 PM

Help need NFl teams in it

I am looking for the file that has the NFL teams in it.

Also instructions on how to load the teams in it.

I tried copying some of the defaults.teams had canadian footballs teams mixed with nfl.

Mbbmets1 12-11-2023 05:19 PM

Good evening
I am trying to find a file that only has nfl teams in it
currently this one have both Canadian and NFL.

I also needed instructions on how to load it as i copied and pasted the document into the default.

NFL23.zip
default_teams.csv

Mbbmets1 12-11-2023 07:45 PM

I dont know why still have this issue not sure if i am loading it wrong.
I replaced the default with the default_teams.csv but for some reason its not working. Can someone help me i just want the NFL teams and instructions on how to load?

NawlinsFan 12-11-2023 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbbmets1 (Post 3420930)
I dont know why still have this issue not sure if i am loading it wrong.
I replaced the default with the default_teams.csv but for some reason its not working. Can someone help me i just want the NFL teams and instructions on how to load?

Just answered your PM. Let me know what's up.

NawlinsFan 12-24-2023 11:42 AM

So it's Chrsitmas eve and what does an old man do while watching Fargo and downloading mod files for Starfield...

... finishes a helmet mod that was started some time ago. I know, there are other helmet mods so why this one. For awhile I kept trying to come up with a way to add helmets, since most seem to prefer them over logos, but for the "full sized" versions the game created sliver files are just, well, terrible. So after some back and forth I came up with what I think is a reasonable solution with the constraints built into the games structure. So I offer up another alternate set > link in a zip file on the first post.

The base files are set up for a 32 NFL format with the color and black and white files. Included as well are a surprise, alternate helmet files for those that have them as well as a few I have done myself. You can plug these in by changing them in game. Make sure to check the "Do not modify original image" box.

What are they -

NawlinsFan 01-03-2024 11:15 AM

Added another formatted league set on the first post.

WFL League 1974:

Mbbmets1 01-04-2024 01:45 PM

confused so are you able to get fired or not....just asking cause i would feel this would be a great feature. I shouldnt be rewarded if i am 4 -12

NawlinsFan 01-04-2024 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbbmets1 (Post 3422533)
confused so are you able to get fired or not....just asking cause i would feel this would be a great feature. I shouldnt be rewarded if i am 4 -12

I don't think it is in FOF9, it was in FOF8. Also, you wouldn't norrmally get fired for 1 bad season but after a few.

NawlinsFan 01-14-2024 09:12 PM

Added another ready made universe. If there are any errors please let me know!

NawlinsFan 01-15-2024 07:29 AM

My apologies folks, I tweaked the NFL 1970 universe and have updated the link. I found the Jets abbreviation weas NYS (not sure why) so I changed it to NYJ. In addition New England in 1970 was Boston so I changed that. As I did this I realized I overlooked changing the team colors to the 1970 theme and did so.

So if you already DL'd the file and want these changes please do so again.

nilodor 01-15-2024 09:11 AM

If you're taking requests I'd love to see anything post 76, when the league expanded to 28 teams. 77? 76 is a weird year with the Bucs in the AFC west...

coachtrox 01-15-2024 09:32 AM

Steam

Hey, guys. I have the Steam version, and there are no logo folders that I can find in my steamapps "Front Office Football Nine" folder. So, not sure how to do the graphics modifications everyone is talking about here (I did edit teams csv to change nicknames). What am I missing here?

NawlinsFan 01-15-2024 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilodor (Post 3423587)
If you're taking requests I'd love to see anything post 76, when the league expanded to 28 teams. 77? 76 is a weird year with the Bucs in the AFC west...

I will work on a 77 file. Will be a bit, I have to make the helmets, etc.

NawlinsFan 01-15-2024 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachtrox (Post 3423588)
Hey, guys. I have the Steam version, and there are no logo folders that I can find in my steamapps "Front Office Football Nine" folder. So, not sure how to do the graphics modifications everyone is talking about here (I did edit teams csv to change nicknames). What am I missing here?

It is normally in the saved game folder on your C:.

xxxx = your specific configuration

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Nine\saved_games

nilodor 01-15-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachtrox (Post 3423588)

c:\users\your_name\app_data\local\solecismic software\front office football nine\saved_games\

note that app_data is hidden by default.

coachtrox 01-15-2024 01:24 PM

Got it! Thanks!

MizzouRah 01-27-2024 01:26 PM

These are all excellent NawlinsFan!!

Would you happen to have an NFL logo in the same style as these: NFL 23 with black/gray background

I'm wanting to replace the Solecismic logo that shows up in various places as well as the flags with just an NFL logo with the grey background that blends into the default color scheme.

Thank you!!

NawlinsFan 01-27-2024 08:53 PM

Updated the opening post:

Welcome to 1977 ~

NawlinsFan 01-27-2024 08:56 PM

Added 3 NFL logos for those wanting to use them. They are bordered but I think they should look fine.

MizzouRah 01-27-2024 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3424896)
Added 3 NFL logos for those wanting to use them. They are bordered but I think they should look fine.

Perfect, thank you!

NawlinsFan 01-28-2024 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3424896)

FYI - these don't display well in game so I am working on it. Will update the files once I figure out how the game uses the different sizes.

Haiku 01-28-2024 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3424911)
FYI - these don't display well in game so I am working on it. Will update the files once I figure out how the game uses the different sizes.

The Solecismic logo and the game book screen scale the logos and make them blurry. I don't think you can do anything about it since it is coded in the game how they are being handled. I reported that a few weeks ago, though I have no idea if it has reached Jim and whether he is looking for a solution or not. Furthermore, the BMP format does not support transparency. If Jim could make the game work with PNG, that will save a lot of trouble.

MizzouRah 01-28-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3424911)

I made an edit so it shows up like your original NFL logos and it looks great in game.

nilodor 01-29-2024 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3424895)
Updated the opening post:

Welcome to 1977 ~

Aweseome!

www2 02-16-2024 05:34 AM

OK i got most of this, but the thing that I cant get to work is those "extra" pictures....NFL logos, Game field, injury man....etc.

Where do those go....i cant seem to find the original ones to replace them with the ones in this thread.

EDIT: Never mind ....I found it.

Haiku 02-16-2024 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3419431)
Bored and wanted to tweak the field file just a bit. I toyed with the endzones and ended up with this (below). Can't trim it in white becasue, for some reason, that bleeds over into the green space on either side of the field but shading the endzones is fine. Also alternated the field shading every 5 yards. I know, it's one of these changes that doesn't add anything to the game but hey, I'm old, it makes me happy.

Added to the first post.

I was wondering on which screen is the big field graphic being displayed? I can only see the small field on the game day screen.

MizzouRah 02-16-2024 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiku (Post 3426628)
I was wondering on which screen is the big field graphic being displayed? I can only see the small field on the game day screen.

Could be a resolution setting as I see the big field on my screen during a game.

jim_nihilist 02-17-2024 08:12 AM

And why is there a 9 in the middle of the field?

Haiku 02-17-2024 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim_nihilist (Post 3426701)

fof9

NawlinsFan 02-17-2024 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim_nihilist (Post 3426701)

I added it as a nod to Jim for FOF9.

NawlinsFan 02-17-2024 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiku (Post 3426628)

The file is much larger than it is displayed in game. Just the way Jim works it.