Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The 2009 Video Game Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=70004)

DeToxRox 03-26-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 1977775)
How is the retail version?

I'm thinking about picking this one up today.

I love it. Has a lot of replay ability in my opinion as you keep all your guns and can get bonuses maxing them all out and such. It takes like two or three hours probably to get fully used to the controls, then it's a non issue.

It's an absolute blast to play co-op with.

Mizzou B-ball fan 03-26-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColtCrazy (Post 1977797)
Downloaded Peggle from Xbox Live the other day. My 5 year old loves it, and it's actually not a bad little puzzle game, especially since it's only 800 pts.

Neighbor bought that game and plays it all the time. I played it a couple of times. Easy pick up and play.

MJ4H 03-26-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Fo (Post 1977512)
haha

They did hire Beyonce to advertise the game. I guess they put more money into hiring celebs than coming up with witty catchphrases.

This demo is kicking my ass, I am lacking in rhythm.

Tried the demo last night, I love it. Wife did, too. Will likely be picking it up at some point.

Eaglesfan27 03-26-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos (Post 1977730)
I heard that the 360 version was graphically buggy. I didn't pick it up for the 360.

The PC version looks great. It uses the Unreal Engine really well on the PC.

I got the 360 version as a gift and the frame rate drops are very annoying (to the point that I may never finish it.) Otherwise, the graphics are fine from what I've seen so far.

MizzouRah 03-26-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 1977799)
I love it. Has a lot of replay ability in my opinion as you keep all your guns and can get bonuses maxing them all out and such. It takes like two or three hours probably to get fully used to the controls, then it's a non issue.

It's an absolute blast to play co-op with.

Thanks.. I think I'll pick this one up soon when it's $54.99 used at Gamestop and then I can get an additional $5.49 with my Edge card.

Mizzou B-ball fan 03-30-2009 01:44 PM

Wow......heavy duty PS3 sale over on Amazon UK. Not sure how long it lasts. 50% off a ton of PS3 titles. Great deal for both Euros and even North Americans. Shipping is relatively cheap to the U.S., so you can still get the game for cheaper than its American counterpart in most cases.

Cringer 03-30-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cringer (Post 1977684)
Been playing for almost 2 hours, a little less. Great game so far. Looks frickin' amazing, and the action is non-stop. A little of everything so far and I know there is more to come. They do an excellent job of mixing things up so far. One speedy little tank you get to drive. Love the game so far it seems. After a little break here I think I will try the online stuff, since this is the game I figure has been cutting into the number of players on COD:WaW online.

After some more time with this game it is a great game IMO. Solo play has been a blast, and pretty challenging at times. They did an excellent job of keeping it from being the same thing. Every 'mission' has felt different, none of it like the same thing just in different scenery.

I have done some online play now. The first time I thought it was just ok, but of course have played it a couple more times. The more I play it online the more I like it, and overall I like how things are done. The game modes are cool, but mainly I think it is great how you can do all the game modes in one game and it switches from one to the other right away while playing.

Balldog 03-30-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cringer (Post 1980493)
After some more time with this game it is a great game IMO. Solo play has been a blast, and pretty challenging at times. They did an excellent job of keeping it from being the same thing. Every 'mission' has felt different, none of it like the same thing just in different scenery.

I have done some online play now. The first time I thought it was just ok, but of course have played it a couple more times. The more I play it online the more I like it, and overall I like how things are done. The game modes are cool, but mainly I think it is great how you can do all the game modes in one game and it switches from one to the other right away while playing.

Sounds great

Mizzou B-ball fan 03-31-2009 07:33 AM

Lots of Wii deals today, though your mileage may vary.

Toys R Us has Trauma Center: New Blood for $14 shipped.

Amazon Deal of the Day is Wii Music for $29.95. In addition, there will be 5 Amazon Gold Box deals related to Wii being offered today.

sterlingice 03-31-2009 10:36 AM

Guessing from the clues, it looks like the 2PM PDT deal will be Mario Galaxy and 6PM will probably be Animal Crossing- just guesses tho

SI

Cringer 03-31-2009 12:11 PM

What's a Gold Box deal?

sterlingice 03-31-2009 12:18 PM

It's their "deal of the day" sort of thing- there is a daily one and then a few hourly ones. To get to them, go to Amazon and just click on the "Today's Deals" with the little treasure chest next to it

SI

JediKooter 03-31-2009 12:19 PM

For those of you who are still stuck at the turn of the century, the PS2 will have a new price point of under $100 dollars come April 1st.

Link: hxxp://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/ps2-to-drop-under-100-on-april-1/1300867

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-03-2009 07:10 AM

48 hour madness sale ongoing over at GoGamer.com. PC games for as little as $1........

Slickdeals.net - The best coupons, lowest prices, and hottest deals.

Julio Riddols 04-03-2009 08:09 AM

I'm obsessed with Peggle. Been playing about 4 hours a day.

I'm trying to perfect my ball dropping technique, like a still developing male fetus.

ColtCrazy 04-03-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 1983671)
I'm obsessed with Peggle. Been playing about 4 hours a day.

I'm trying to perfect my ball dropping technique, like a still developing male fetus.

LOL. I've been playing it about as much as my 5 year old. Trying to get my scores up on individual boards to improve my ranking. My boy thinks I'm a god now because I cleared the board on 3 different levels. Gotta love kids. Peggle's just a fun little time waster game. Easy to play and strangely addicting.

Ramzavail 04-03-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan (Post 1983637)
48 hour madness sale ongoing over at GoGamer.com. PC games for as little as $1........

Slickdeals.net - The best coupons, lowest prices, and hottest deals.

any of these games worth a damn?

Eaglesfan27 04-03-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramzavail (Post 1983707)

If you've never played it and don't mind older graphics, Dungeon Siege with Legends of Aranna is worth the 3 dollars.

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-03-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramzavail (Post 1983707)

Sid Meier's Railroads is pretty good at $4. Also, ParaWorld is a fun game and it's only $2. Those were the ones I noticed.

Passacaglia 04-03-2009 10:02 AM

I was thinking of getting Railroads, and maybe Diplomacy. Anyone know much about that?

Atocep 04-03-2009 03:50 PM

I got a good laugh out of this.

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-06-2009 07:36 AM

Couple of great deals that I saw over at GamerDays at GameStop. GH: Aerosmith is only $9.99 on all systems.

For the people who own a PS3 and haven't enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles, it's on sale for $29.99. It's a great mix of turn-based and live-action strategy. It's a can't miss title and for under $30, it's an absolute steal.

spleen1015 04-06-2009 08:04 AM

Who is getting the new DSi?

I wonder what American demand is going to be like. I walked into Walmart this morning and bought one. They had about 20 of them.

MJ4H 04-06-2009 08:21 AM

I don't know of anyone even considering one. I certainly have no interest as of now. It would take a lot to make me interested, frankly.

Big Fo 04-06-2009 08:33 AM

There aren't enough exclusives yet for me to pick a DSi up but I'll get one eventually.

Big Fo 04-07-2009 11:13 AM

Hot New Video Game Consists Solely of Shooting People Point-Blank In The Face (Onion)

Hot New Video Game Consists Solely Of Shooting People Point-Blank In The Face

Looks like a potential million seller based on current trends. Loved the IGN reviewer.

Ksyrup 04-07-2009 11:21 AM

Bobbie Battista is down to reading fake news? Wow. Wasn't she on CNN not too long ago?

JonInMiddleGA 04-07-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 1986547)
Wow. Wasn't she on CNN not too long ago?

Left after the merger in 2001, opened a PR firm with her husband & several ex-CNN mgmt types shortly after.
Bobbie Battista thriving off the front lines - US News and World Report

That closed a couple of years back, she briefly hosted a show for Retirement Living TV but left when they were about to go under and then ended up working with The Onion.

cartman 04-07-2009 12:22 PM

LLLOOOOVVVEEE the side missions!

Mustang 04-07-2009 12:39 PM

That is one of the few times I've actually LOL'd at my desk at work...

cartman 04-08-2009 01:33 PM

There is a website for Close Range, and there is a demo!

Close Range Game

Big Fo 04-09-2009 01:35 AM

Wii Sports Resort and Wii MotionPlus will be released in July for North America (one month after Japan).

The swordfighting game Nintendo showed off at last year's E3 looked pretty fun but I'm really looking forward to this for Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam Tennis, both of which will use the peripheral.

kotaku.com link

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-21-2009 08:08 AM

Very good deal for PS3 owners who haven't picked up the official headset yet. Newegg has Endwar /w headset for $39.99.

Newegg.com - Tom Clancy's End War w/Headset Bundle Playstation3 Game UBISOFT

EagleFan 04-21-2009 10:37 PM

I see the release date is May 19th for UFC 2009 Undisputed. Looks like they have a decent roster of fighters and what I have seen video of looks potentially promising. Sounds like it could be a bear to learn all the controls for the ground game though.

DeToxRox 04-21-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1998973)
I see the release date is May 19th for UFC 2009 Undisputed. Looks like they have a decent roster of fighters and what I have seen video of looks potentially promising. Sounds like it could be a bear to learn all the controls for the ground game though.

DL'ed the Demo. I went in with no real expectations but wow it's fun. The ground game is amazing, better then I would've imagined. Striking is great too. It's just bad ass all around.

Scoobz0202 04-21-2009 10:41 PM

Demo comes out thursday, right?

DeToxRox 04-21-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 (Post 1998976)
Demo comes out thursday, right?

Yup. Tho there is a way around that though.

EagleFan 04-21-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 1998975)
DL'ed the Demo. I went in with no real expectations but wow it's fun. The ground game is amazing, better then I would've imagined. Striking is great too. It's just bad ass all around.

Sweet. Fess up, how did you get the demo...

Cringer 04-21-2009 10:59 PM

It involves a dark alley and a large tube of KY.

EagleFan 04-21-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cringer (Post 1998993)
It involves a dark alley and a large tube of KY.

I think I can wait until Thursday then... now if this was an indoor lacrosse game...

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-22-2009 07:52 AM

New trailer out for inFamous. If the world needs anything, it's more sniper lightning........

Infamous Empire City Gameplay Clip Videos - G4tv.com

Cringer 04-22-2009 01:42 PM

So, you get to be like Sylar? Cool, I'm game.

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-23-2009 12:44 PM

New 'Battlefield' game coming to Xbox Live and Playstation Network in June and PC in September. Price will be $15.

Quote:

DICE Announces $15 Price for Battlefield 1943

Premium Arcade Title Delivers Endless Hours of Multiplayer Fun, Legendary WWII Battlefield Action and Destruction

STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced that Battlefield 1943™ will be available in June for $15 USD in the Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace (1200 MS Points) or the PlayStationŪStore. The action-packed arcade title will also be available for PC in September. Battlefield 1943 is an all-new multiplayer game that offers endless hours of 24-player action in popular maps inspired by Battlefield 1942™, now updated with the Frostbite™ engine. The total destructibility afforded by the Frostbite engine ups the ante and leaves players with nowhere to hide.

In Battlefield 1943, intense battles ensue over three classic and tropic locations; Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. Gamers play as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy, competing by land, air and sea. Players have the freedom to pick their path in battle - be it as a rifleman crawling through the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander, or a dog fighting pilot that protects the skies.

“Using the same Frostbite engine that we developed for Battlefield: Bad Company, we are able to take players back to WWII and return to the roots of the Battlefield franchise, but with a new twist – destruction,” said Gordon Van Dyke, Producer on Battlefield 1943. “We want to offer gamers the most accessible online shooter experience and the best value found in any premium download title with Battlefield 1943.”

For more information on DICE, please visit www.dice.se or EA Video Games - Play Online PC Wii Xbox PS2 PS3 and DS Games. For more information on Battlefield 1943 please visit: Battlefield 1943 - News, Previews, Videos, & Screenshots | Official Site.

Ajaxab 04-23-2009 01:14 PM

Because we need more plastic peripherals in our living rooms, http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48068.html.

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-27-2009 07:58 AM

Looks like Sony is taking a page from the Microsoft playbook. Anyone who preorders inFamous will receive early access to the inFamous demo and will also be able to play in the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta. No word on whether it's a retailer exclusive or not.

inFamous Pre-Order = Early Demo and Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta - Loot Ninja

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-28-2009 07:20 AM

Good trade in deal on a console right now. Gamestop is paying retail price ($99) for a PS2 trade-in when you use the credit towards the purchase of a PS3. So you can get a PS3 for $299 with trade in of your PS2.

whomario 04-28-2009 08:42 AM

Has anyone picked up The Path ? Great game if you f.e. like David Lynch Movies .

official page : The Path -------- a short horror game by Tale of Tales
steam : The Path on Steam
IGN review : IGN: The Path Review (thereīs more on the official page)

for me as a very casual gamer it has been brilliant, even if not considering the price of 9,99 (dollars). I almost never play anything other than possibly NBA2K or Pro Evolution Soccer along with text sim games though, so iīm not a good reference.
Saw an advertisement in a cultural newspaper here, read some very enthusiastic reviews and decided to give it a try.

Itīs based on the popular childrenīs legend of Little Red Riding Hood (The Brotherīs Grimm told the most well known variation).
You have 6 characters (6 sisters) of varying age and personality to choose from (though in the end youīll have guided all 6 one after the other) that you then have to guide to the Grandmothers house. If you stay on the path though, nothing happens at all. So you have to stray off the path and then a story unfolds.

Thereīs not much gameplaying really, but for me thatīs a good thing as i suck at it ;)

Basically itīs an animated story with a ton of atmosphere. As you guide each of the characters (i have started with 2, so itīs preliminary anbd based on reviews) through the world you experience things differently and get sucked into the characters issues and fears as you go along.
Itīs like a good short film just as a video game. Not a ton of action or a great deal of storylines, but still has you thinking.

spleen1015 05-07-2009 10:03 AM

How good is inFamous supposed to be?

Cringer 05-07-2009 10:14 AM

Uhm, good.

Big Fo 05-07-2009 10:32 AM

The general e-consensus seems to be that the Infamous demo rules. I don't have a code so I'll have to wait until it's on PSN (May 21 iirc)