Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf LXXVI - The Werewolf Draft! Game over, see last pages for details (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=65983)

st.cronin 06-23-2008 11:14 AM

Roles are revealed upon death, with the exception of the fake seer who is revealed as a seer. No lynch is not a valid vote. A tie vote will be broken by the masons, or else will result in no-lynch. How this will work: If there are 5 votes for the top two vote getters, whichever one has more votes by masons will be lynched. If both have equal or zero votes from the masons, there will be no lynch.

Lathum 06-23-2008 11:22 AM

can I just not vote?

st.cronin 06-23-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1758392)
can I just not vote?

Sure. But if the vote count is 20 no vote, 1 Lathum, Lathum gets lynched. It would have to be a unanimous no-vote to pass.

Lathum 06-23-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1758393)
Sure. But if the vote count is 20 no vote, 1 Lathum, Lathum gets lynched. It would have to be a unanimous no-vote to pass.

ok, I have what I need to know.

Mrs. Schmidty 06-23-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1758263)
And there I sat in my dampened tent cursing the fact that I traded my ARK tickets for this damned camp site.....

:lol:

PackerFanatic 06-23-2008 11:38 AM

I am quite excited about getting back into WW games. I only played in a few back in the day (and I wasn't all that good), but I certainly enjoyed them.

I said it once and I will say it again - hooray for having almost nothing blocked at work :)

Lathum 06-23-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1758408)
I am quite excited about getting back into WW games. I only played in a few back in the day (and I wasn't all that good), but I certainly enjoyed them.

I said it once and I will say it again - hooray for having almost nothing blocked at work :)

good to have you back.

oddly enough Cronin and I were just discussing wisconson area FOFC'rs

PackerFanatic 06-23-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1758414)
good to have you back.

oddly enough Cronin and I were just discussing wisconson area FOFC'rs

Creepy.

I am the best one around, no doubt about it ;)

oliegirl 06-23-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1758415)
Creepy.

I am the best one around, no doubt about it ;)

I just noticed you are in Appleton...I flew out of the Appleton airport once...it was an experience. :)

Mrs. Schmidty 06-23-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1757170)
and an afternoon deadline.

I'm still a WW noob I guess because I didn't realize exactly that meant. I work retail and am generaly at work from 1:00pm - 10:00pm est. The shifts vary and I'm not sure how that will effect the game. I'll still be on before and after work to offer feedback and analysis. If ya'll don't mind I'd like to be able to still play and just see how it goes, but I understand if I get benched.

st.cronin 06-23-2008 12:15 PM

Mrs. Schmidty, I'm happy to have you. There has never been a game that required players to be on at deadline, that I can remember, although most players believe there is some strategic benefit to being online at that time.

Alan T 06-23-2008 12:32 PM

I just like to be around at the deadline to watch Kwhit lamenting about villagers making moves at the deadline!! :) :)

hoopsguy 06-23-2008 12:41 PM

Well, the post volume is high near the deadline. You have a lot of the players in the room at the same time. And there is much more pressure on a decision at this point than there is during the day. So understanding the deadline is important and it is easier to do when you are around for it.

That said, you can certainly play the game without being around for it. I just think it is harder (not impossible) to get good reads when you aren't around at the same time as the majority of players.

Mrs. Schmidty 06-23-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1758452)
Mrs. Schmidty, I'm happy to have you. There has never been a game that required players to be on at deadline, that I can remember, although most players believe there is some strategic benefit to being online at that time.

Yay! :)

PackerFanatic 06-23-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1758441)
I just noticed you are in Appleton...I flew out of the Appleton airport once...it was an experience. :)

The one time I have flown out of there (only time ever flying) it wasn't that bad - then again, it was in 2002, but still.

KWhit 06-23-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1758465)
I just like to be around at the deadline to watch Kwhit lamenting about villagers making moves at the deadline!! :) :)

You're making me want to get back up on my soapbox (not that anyone listens to me anyway).

:)

path12 06-23-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1758497)
The one time I have flown out of there (only time ever flying) .

First time I ever flew in a plane I jumped out of it.

st.cronin 06-23-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1758542)

Good thinking.

Alan T 06-23-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1758542)

Sounds like my first marriage.

path12 06-23-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1758545)
Good thinking.

Best part was being able to say I'd flown in a plane but never landed in one.

path12 06-23-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1758546)
Sounds like my first marriage.

Naw, I had a chute.

oliegirl 06-23-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1758497)
The one time I have flown out of there (only time ever flying) it wasn't that bad - then again, it was in 2002, but still.

Well, I'm used to large airports...Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, LAX, etc...Appleton's airport was one hallway with 2 doors at the end, gate A and gate B. I walked out of the gate, down a flight of stairs, onto the runway, and then walked onto the plane. Just very different from what I'm used to :)

PackerFanatic 06-23-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1758551)
Well, I'm used to large airports...Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, LAX, etc...Appleton's airport was one hallway with 2 doors at the end, gate A and gate B. I walked out of the gate, down a flight of stairs, onto the runway, and then walked onto the plane. Just very different from what I'm used to :)

Haha, very good point. Appleton is not, by any means, a large airport - but it is certainly a nice commodity to have!

st.cronin 06-23-2008 03:21 PM

Signups are closed! Here is the selection order:

wolf
2 villagers
wolf
4 villagers
wolf
8 villagers
wolf
2 villagers
wolf

Villager roles

Seer
Fake Seer
Spy
Bodyguard
2 Masons
Duke
Philosopher
Hunter
7 vanilla villagers

Wolf roles

Cunning wolf
Brutal wolf
cultist
Sorceror
Regular wolf

In the morning I will post official descriptions of the roles, send out pms to everybody, and start the game. The first deadline will be Wednesday 1pm my time (3pm for the East Coasters, noon for the West Coasters).

RendeR 06-23-2008 03:29 PM

"Lets Get it ON!!!"

Alan T 06-23-2008 03:42 PM

Got my PM, checking in as a villager. Lets go good guys.

Didn't really get a PM yet obviously. Was just a joke because of last game's board outages occuring during the PM stage and... err well nevermind. .... ... :devil:

st.cronin 06-23-2008 03:44 PM

21 total entrants, edited 1st post and the above finalization post.

Poli 06-23-2008 03:50 PM

....quiet in the peanut gallery!

PackerFanatic 06-23-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1758578)
Signups are closed! Here is the selection order:

wolf
2 villagers
wolf
4 villagers
wolf
8 villagers
wolf
2 villagers
wolf

Villager roles

Seer
Fake Seer
Spy
Bodyguard
2 Masons
Duke
Philosopher
Hunter
7 vanilla villagers

Wolf roles

Cunning wolf
Brutal wolf
cultist
Sorceror
Regular wolf

In the morning I will post official descriptions of the roles, send out pms to everybody, and start the game. The first deadline will be Wednesday 1pm my time (3pm for the East Coasters, noon for the West Coasters).

What timezone are you in? I assume that would be 2pm for me then...;)

hoopsguy 06-23-2008 04:16 PM

For the record, Poli and I took care of business with the quickness. Draft results sent to Cronin.

Which means that I'm now done in this thread. Go wolves.

Poli 06-23-2008 04:17 PM

Wolves suck.

I'm out.

:popcorn:

The Jackal 06-23-2008 04:19 PM

I'm in.

The Jackal 06-23-2008 04:20 PM

If there is still room, that is.

st.cronin 06-23-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 1758622)
I'm in.

You can be an alternate, you just missed the cutoff.

The Jackal 06-23-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1758625)
You can be an alternate, you just missed the cutoff.

Ah well, was out of town all weekend.

Danny 06-23-2008 05:31 PM

A nice big game, should be fun!

Schmidty 06-23-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1758452)

That's why I'm strongly in favor of late afternoon/evening deadlines. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to post at work. I actually don't really understand the benefit of a noon deadline at all.

By the way, my wife hasn't even talked to me about the deadline thing (since I hardly see her, with me working nights and her working days/evenings), so it's not like she's complaining to me. I just really wish there was a deadline that assures that the vast majority of people can be at the deadline, and most people are around in the evening. My deadline was 9 pm EST, and we got great participation.

Not trying to bitch and control your game, I just wanted to give my perspective.

Passacaglia 06-23-2008 06:14 PM

So how are roles assigned?

Lathum 06-23-2008 06:15 PM

I disagree with schmidty.

I think we have just as many if not more people who are more active from work then home.

Alan T 06-23-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1758718)

I think we have just as many if not more people who are more active from work then home.

My preference probably is for mid-afternoon deadlines as well, as many nights I am unavailable.. however I think the most important deadline decision factor should be simply when the GM has the most time to be able to put into their game.

claphamsa 06-23-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 1758697)
That's why I'm strongly in favor of late afternoon/evening deadlines. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to post at work. I actually don't really understand the benefit of a noon deadline at all.

By the way, my wife hasn't even talked to me about the deadline thing (since I hardly see her, with me working nights and her working days/evenings), so it's not like she's complaining to me. I just really wish there was a deadline that assures that the vast majority of people can be at the deadline, and most people are around in the evening. My deadline was 9 pm EST, and we got great participation.

Not trying to bitch and control your game, I just wanted to give my perspective.

im all about work posting :)

DaddyTorgo 06-23-2008 06:54 PM

I haven't gotten a PM yet :-(

Passacaglia 06-23-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1758588)
Got my PM, checking in as a villager. Lets go good guys.

Didn't really get a PM yet obviously. Was just a joke because of last game's board outages occuring during the PM stage and... err well nevermind. .... ... :devil:

Truth be told, I used that situation to help me decide my first two scans for the Arcane Collector in that game -- Alan and Telle.

DaddyTorgo 06-23-2008 07:14 PM

lol aaaah

Danny 06-23-2008 07:21 PM

Where is my PM!!!

Alan T 06-23-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1758758)
Truth be told, I used that situation to help me decide my first two scans for the Arcane Collector in that game -- Alan and Telle.

What a clever idea! :cool:

Schmidty 06-23-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1758718)

So I guess the rest of us are just screwed? I mean, that puts people who don't have time to shirk actual work most of the day and simply play on the computer, or those who don't even have the opportunity to do so are just going to have to be at a disadvantage? That seems like favoritism, and an unwillingness to meet half way.

I know my wife will think I'm being dramatic, and not drop out, but I think I'm probably going to withdraw.

saldana 06-23-2008 07:52 PM

lets kick this pig....im itching for my post count to skyrocket!!

DaddyTorgo 06-23-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 1758796)
So I guess the rest of us are just screwed? I mean, that puts people who don't have time to shirk actual work most of the day and simply play on the computer, or those who don't even have the opportunity to do so are just going to have to be at a disadvantage? That seems like favoritism, and an unwillingness to meet half way.

I know my wife will think I'm being dramatic, and not drop out, but I think I'm probably going to withdraw.

I tend to agree with schmidty here. But I think it's up to the individual gm's for sure, and it's up to the players. If you can't be around at deadline so what...it's just a game. If that really affects your enjoyment then don't play that particular game.

I know I won't be as active at deadline for certain, but i'm still going to play. If that gets me killed or whatever...so be it.

saldana 06-23-2008 08:04 PM

nice edit schmidty