Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Official 2010 NFL Draft thread- (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77527)

Danny 04-24-2010 01:30 PM

Haven't been this excited or optimistic about the team in many years.

Thomkal 04-24-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2272052)
Folks, I'd like to apologize for a comment I made recently regarding Matt Millen's ethnicity. In no way did I mean for my comment to be seen as degrading. Matt and I go way back, and he knows that my hatred of him is purely because of his 8 years destroying the Lions, and not for racial concerns.

LOL Pass, so heartfelt-I may cry.

Danny 04-24-2010 01:32 PM

Oh and Millen is a douche.

JonInMiddleGA 04-24-2010 01:32 PM

Among the free-fallers at this point probably has to be GT RB Jonathan Dwyer.

Ronnie Dobbs2 04-24-2010 01:34 PM

Steelers took him.

stevew 04-24-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2272056)
Haven't been this excited or optimistic about the team in many years.

So, what you're saying is that they are looking good in preseason?

JonInMiddleGA 04-24-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 (Post 2272061)
Steelers took him.

Cool, thx, looks like he was being drafted about the time I posted give or take a couple of minutes.

Danny 04-24-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2272063)
So, what you're saying is that they are looking good in preseason?

Raiders looking good in 6th round of NFL draft ;)

SteveMax58 04-24-2010 02:04 PM

Pretty satisfied with the Giants draft this year. This is the kind of draft I've been wanting them to do for the past few years. Nearly ALL defense. They need new blood in there and stop drafting these half-ass guys with little upside.

Really happy about getting Linval Joseph. I really think he can be a dominant DT against the run...and open up things up for Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, & now JPP on the outside. The 2 LBs look solid and the workout warrior G (45 bench reps) might pan out.

Coffee Warlord 04-24-2010 02:17 PM

Why the hell are the Bears drafting a QB when they have needs at every position EXCEPT QB, and have only 5 picks total? You can sign a scrap heap QB after the draft.

edit: Although, to be fair, with Martz + our O-Line, we'll need about 7 QB's to get through the season anyway.

Galaril 04-24-2010 02:25 PM

Titans grab Myron Rolle the Rhode Scholar kid that sat out the past season at FSU to go to Oxford.

wade moore 04-24-2010 02:30 PM

Good News: W&M DE Adrian Tracy gets drafted in the 6th.

Bad News: It's by the Giants. Gonna have a serious dilemma, as a Redskins fan, about buying a Giants jersey.

CU Tiger 04-24-2010 02:30 PM

Hah just saw that Al Davis drafted probably the fastest WR he has ever had, and that is saying something, in taking Jacoby Ford in the 4th round...

Danny 04-24-2010 02:32 PM

Ford was a good pick. He's an excellent special teams player and can play the slot.

I know it's easy to joke on the Raiders draft usually, but don't think you can do that this year.

Logan 04-24-2010 02:43 PM

I have to admit that I didn't know "Polack" was considered a derogatory word.

Suburban Rhythm 04-24-2010 03:00 PM

I don't like Pete Prisco from CBS to begin with...but most of this shit is just awful.

Prisco's Grades: 2010 NFL Draft - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Giving 6th and 7th round picks D's and F's because there are better choices? Exactly who does he expect to be available then?

And then says "he'll have touble making the team"...isn't that kind of why they are 6th and 7th round picks?

Suburban Rhythm 04-24-2010 03:05 PM

I stand corrected. Prisco only graded rounds 1-3, some other jackass grading 4-7.

Radii 04-24-2010 03:19 PM

Why the hell did Carolina draft Tony Pike??

JonInMiddleGA 04-24-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radii (Post 2272110)

I was kinda wondering that same thing myself.

Danny 04-24-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm (Post 2272100)
I don't like Pete Prisco from CBS to begin with...but most of this shit is just awful.

Prisco's Grades: 2010 NFL Draft - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Giving 6th and 7th round picks D's and F's because there are better choices? Exactly who does he expect to be available then?

And then says "he'll have touble making the team"...isn't that kind of why they are 6th and 7th round picks?

Yes, this late in the draft you are often just drafting for a player who might fit your system the best or contribute on special teams.

wade moore 04-24-2010 03:28 PM

And now W&M DT Lissemore to the Cowboys! OOF!

Great for the program to have two players drafted.

Eaglesfan27 04-24-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radii (Post 2272110)

See my earlier quote about Clausen ;)

M GO BLUE!!! 04-24-2010 04:16 PM

THE LIONS TOOK A WR! YAY!!! :D

Tekneek 04-24-2010 04:20 PM

Dolphins took a flyer on Austin Spitler, I see. He is a relative of a co-worker of mine.

Galaril 04-24-2010 04:20 PM

Wow kind of surprised no one drafted LaGarrette Blount, From Oregon? He was projected a 2or 3rd rounder before his punch out episode. I am sure he get's signed as a UDFA but still seemed a bit harsh.

k0ruptr 04-24-2010 04:59 PM

WTF why the hell did Carolina draft Pike today? gawd.

Danny 04-24-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaril (Post 2272147)
Wow kind of surprised no one drafted LaGarrette Blount, From Oregon? He was projected a 2or 3rd rounder before his punch out episode. I am sure he get's signed as a UDFA but still seemed a bit harsh.

Very one dimensional player, so unless you plan on having him get some carries he would take up a roster spot without providing anything.

Radii 04-24-2010 05:47 PM

FWIW, i love the Clausen pick for Carolina. Seems like I'm the only Panther fan around here who does though!

k0ruptr 04-24-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radii (Post 2272167)
FWIW, i love the Clausen pick for Carolina. Seems like I'm the only Panther fan around here who does though!

I over reacted yesterday, but I started researching today and all that jazz for like the 4th time, and I'm not sold on him yet, but I like the Value possibility that we got at that point.

Solecismic 04-24-2010 06:18 PM

Donovan Warren of Michigan goes to the Jets - as an undrafted free agent.

Poor guy. I'd say he regrets his move to leave college early, but it's not like Rich Rodriguez could have taught him anything other than how to lose and spread the blame elsewhere.

Bigsmooth 04-24-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 2272028)
I think the USC player who will be the best pro (Anthony McCoy) isn't even off the board yet. Somebody is going to get a steal at this point. Maybe not as good a pass catcher as most of the guys who have gone so far but a good blocker, reliable, tough and great production at the college level. Very surprised he's still on the board and he'll be a starter in the league for a while IMO.

...and he reunites with Pete in Seattle. Really loving this weekend for the Hawks!

Thomkal 04-24-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radii (Post 2272167)

I just don't understand the pick. I know they would have drafted a QB anyway given who they have, but if Clausen doesnt beat out Moore for the starting job, it will be almost a wasted pick. Not to mention the fact that they drafted a QB later on in the draft as well. So that's two potential mostly wasted picks if all they end up being is backups/injury replacements. Plus the Clausen pick was their first pick of the draft and they had so many bigger needs than a QB, I'd want my first pick of the draft to fill one of those needs.

And then they traded a 2nd round pick next year for what sounds like a developmental WR-one who's never even played the position I believe? Don't get that at all despite that being their biggest need. At least they drafted two more WR's to get some much needed depth there.

k0ruptr 04-24-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2272181)
I just don't understand the pick. I know they would have drafted a QB anyway given who they have, but if Clausen doesnt beat out Moore for the starting job, it will be almost a wasted pick. Not to mention the fact that they drafted a QB later on in the draft as well. So that's two potential mostly wasted picks if all they end up being is backups/injury replacements. Plus the Clausen pick was their first pick of the draft and they had so many bigger needs than a QB, I'd want my first pick of the draft to fill one of those needs.

And then they traded a 2nd round pick next year for what sounds like a developmental WR-one who's never even played the position I believe? Don't get that at all despite that being their biggest need. At least they drafted two more WR's to get some much needed depth there.

I actually am a Big fan of Armanti Edwards (QB @ App. St.) and think he could really be a diamond in the NFL. I think its a decent gamble

Eaglesfan27 04-24-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsmooth (Post 2272180)
...and he reunites with Pete in Seattle. Really loving this weekend for the Hawks!

Reports out there say that Josh Pinkard, Will Harris, and Jeff Byers will all sign with Seattle as undrafted FA's.

rowech 04-24-2010 07:12 PM

I'm really pretty happy with the Bengals draft. I feel like they filled some holes with guys who actually have the potential to fill them. I also always love taking guys from the big schools who have played tough competition instead of guys from super small schools. It's fine to take those small school guys as long as they absolutely dominate their competition every game. Otherwise, give me the big school guys.

albionmoonlight 04-24-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 2272060)
Among the free-fallers at this point probably has to be GT RB Jonathan Dwyer.

The football outsiders guys had him rated highly. Seems like a super steal in the 6th round.

I think that some teams just look at that GT flexbone and throw up their hands in terms of trying to evaluate players from it.

JPhillips 04-24-2010 07:20 PM

Somewhere I read that Dwyer tested positive for masking agent, but it had been given a waiver by the NFL. The concern, supposedly, was about the underlying condition for which the masking agent was being used.

Galaril 04-24-2010 07:21 PM

Titans just signed Stafon Johnson,RB from USC hope he makes the team.

JPhillips 04-24-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solecismic (Post 2272172)
Donovan Warren of Michigan goes to the Jets - as an undrafted free agent.

Poor guy. I'd say he regrets his move to leave college early, but it's not like Rich Rodriguez could have taught him anything other than how to lose and spread the blame elsewhere.

Doesn't seem like a good fit for him with the Jets already loaded at CB.

Bigsmooth 04-24-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 2272183)
Reports out there say that Josh Pinkard, Will Harris, and Jeff Byers will all sign with Seattle as undrafted FA's.

Yep, done, done, and done.

Celeval 04-24-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 2272186)
Somewhere I read that Dwyer tested positive for masking agent, but it had been given a waiver by the NFL. The concern, supposedly, was about the underlying condition for which the masking agent was being used.

The underlying condition is ADD (has been known about for a long time by Tech folks). Not sure why it would be an issue, there. That said, he had put on weight since his junior year, and some people said he had lost speed because of it. Then he underperformed at the combine (but made up for it at pro day) - he came into the season as a 1st rounder, was expecting 2nd-3rd after the combine, and am stunned at 6th. Great value for the Steelers; which I hate as a Browns fan.

albionmoonlight 04-24-2010 07:30 PM

Must say that the Raiders have impressed. Getting Jason Campbell for a 4th and drafting that LB in the first are the kinds of non-sexy, but solid, moves that turn teams into winners.

JonInMiddleGA 04-24-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celeval (Post 2272193)
The underlying condition is ADD (has been known about for a long time by Tech folks). Not sure why it would be an issue, there.

Yeah, I mean, he's been taking something for it (reportedly) since 5th grade so this isn't exactly something that would seem like a major issue for teams.

wade moore 04-24-2010 09:36 PM

On the W&M Front:

Vikings sign UDFA QB R.J. Archer

Colts sign UDFA S David Caldwell

rjolley 04-24-2010 09:46 PM

Anywhere to get a list of signed UDFAs?

flounder 04-24-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjolley (Post 2272249)
Anywhere to get a list of signed UDFAs?

I've been using this site. I have no idea how accurate it is.

One interesting signing:
Vikings
Ryan Perriloux, QB, JSU

MacroGuru 04-24-2010 10:01 PM

BYU's UDFA's

QB Max Hall - Arizona
FB Manasae Tonga - Oakland
TE Andrew George - Carolina

I don't think Max survives in the NFL...Tonga will...he is going to find a team that will use him like the Vikes do with his cousin Tahi.

rjolley 04-24-2010 10:06 PM

Thanks for the info.

JonInMiddleGA 04-24-2010 10:10 PM

Interesting name on the UFA list
Ryan Perriloux, QB, JSU to the Vikings

Atocep 04-24-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 2272259)
Interesting name on the UFA list
Ryan Perriloux, QB, JSU to the Vikings

Has he stated that he expects to win the NFL MVP award as a rookie?