Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   NCAA Football 2008 (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=57410)

rowech 07-18-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstelmack (Post 1504463)
"grades"? That reflects well on the University :D

Wow....that definitely does wonders for our rep!

Bee 07-18-2007 12:13 PM

Well the Campus Legend thing sounded interesting enough for me to go out and pick up the game at lunch today. I'm surprised that there's not a dozen different dynasties already started...you guys disappoint me. ;)

rowech 07-18-2007 12:30 PM

What's disappointing me is the lack of "official" reviews from the various gaming sites.

MJ4H 07-18-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 1504531)
Well the Campus Legend thing sounded interesting enough for me to go out and pick up the game at lunch today. I'm surprised that there's not a dozen different dynasties already started...you guys disappoint me. ;)

AMEN

sabotai 07-18-2007 01:59 PM

I just got the game today and am playing around with the Campus Legend mode. The camera angles they give you (at least for SS) is better than what it was like in last year's Superstar for Madden (PC). The one downside is the punt return. I can't see anything. The camera angle they give me for my guy on punt returns is just useless. Worse than useless, I'm completely unable to do anything on punt returns (as one of the players that blocks the punting team's gunners)

Other than that, I like it a lot so far.

SackAttack 07-18-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowech (Post 1504545)
What's disappointing me is the lack of "official" reviews from the various gaming sites.

We haven't received ours yet. Obviously I can't speak to the other sites.

Bee 07-18-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SackAttack (Post 1504670)
We haven't received ours yet. Obviously I can't speak to the other sites.

Why can't you speak to them? Are they not taking your calls? ;)

sabotai 07-18-2007 02:57 PM

Is easportsworld down for anyone else?

SackAttack 07-18-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 1504712)
Why can't you speak to them? Are they not taking your calls? ;)

They're too busy playing it, I'm sure.

Ironhead 07-18-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 1504531)

I will probably be starting mine on Saturday. I plan on doing something similar to this one that I did about 2 years ago:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=40996

Unfortunately all of the pictures are gone in that thread. This time I might put each week in PDF format.

rowech 07-18-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SackAttack (Post 1504720)
They're too busy playing it, I'm sure.

I actually wondered if that might be true. The ultimate good sign.

DeToxRox 07-18-2007 04:11 PM

Anyone up to play a game on 360 at like 530 est? PM me

MJ4H 07-18-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhead (Post 1504770)
I will probably be starting mine on Saturday. I plan on doing something similar to this one that I did about 2 years ago:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=40996

Unfortunately all of the pictures are gone in that thread. This time I might put each week in PDF format.

YES! If that's the one I'm thinking of that dynasty ruled. Plz include video highlights, thanks.

sabotai 07-18-2007 04:54 PM

I'd love to start a dynasty, but the servers apparently are down. It won't let me upload any videos.

Richard Weed 07-18-2007 05:08 PM

Campus Legend is great. I've been having a lot more fun than expected while I'm waiting for the rosters to come out. At this rate, I wouldn't care if it was a week or so for the rosters to come out. ;)

Pumpy Tudors 07-18-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabotai (Post 1504823)
I'd love to start a dynasty, but the servers apparently are down. It won't let me upload any videos.

I haven't been able to upload any videos either.

CraigSca 07-18-2007 05:22 PM

I'm going to play non-stop. I have time now.

Eaglesfan27 07-18-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigSca (Post 1504852)

Nice to see the positive side of things :)

As far as a dynasty, I'm debating doing one. I need to see if I can figure out the video transfer to a new website and how difficult it is to do.

MizzouRah 07-18-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigSca (Post 1504852)

Me too!

CraigSca 07-18-2007 05:48 PM

I think if I start one I'm going to do a complete write-up before posting. I have a tendency to start dynasties that really don't go anywhere :x <---- my trademarked "embarrassed" emoticon.

Flasch186 07-18-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigSca (Post 1504879)
I think if I start one I'm going to do a complete write-up before posting. I have a tendency to start dynasties that really don't go anywhere :x <---- my trademarked "embarrassed" emoticon.

ME TOO!!

Logan 07-18-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 1504790)
Anyone up to play a game on 360 at like 530 est? PM me

I can play at 8 est, if you or anyone else is up for it.

Izulde 07-18-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 1504874)
As far as a dynasty, I'm debating doing one. I need to see if I can figure out the video transfer to a new website and how difficult it is to do.

Same here.

DeToxRox 07-18-2007 07:45 PM

I'll for sure be doing a dynasty with my Arizona Wildcats (my adopted team behind Michigan)

MizzouRah 07-18-2007 07:50 PM

It's premature, but after just one game, I'd have to say NCAA 07 isn't even in the same universe.

Controls are now FINALLY what they should be, the 60 fps is definitly noticeable and that's a great thing.

I've seen a missed FG, multiple injuries, and many other great things already. I feel like a kid in a candy store and I'm not sure I'll get to bed before 2-3am tongiht.

The game looks really crisp on my Dell monitor and the only studder or "lag" I'm seeing is when they bring up a players line stat for the game, the gameplay is as smooth as silk, wow. (I have my monitor set to 1080p)

I love how the OL finally knows how to block and you can tell who's overmatched when it comes to the OL vs the DL. I've uploaded 2 videos, so hopefully I can link them soon.

1st one was my first TD with 08 and the next was a K-St player totally making me come out of my cleates.

First TD: http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1119163899

GO MIZZOU!!!

Logan 07-18-2007 08:03 PM

Okay...someone apparently has to teach me how to use the Sprint button.

Frequently, I'll be holding the button down, or press it for the first time (like when I take a handoff) and the player will stutter momentarily. It could be a stutter by my RB as soon as he gets it, or if I'm holding the button down chasing a ball carrier, it could happen in the middle of the pursuit. The player's motion is similar to a juke. I have no idea why this is happening...I'm definitely not hitting any other buttons at the same time.

Has anyone else experienced this? I saved some highlights of this happening but I'm having trouble getting them uploaded. I'll edit when I can do it with some videos to show what I'm talking about.

DeToxRox 07-18-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 1505044)
Okay...someone apparently has to teach me how to use the Sprint button.

Frequently, I'll be holding the button down, or press it for the first time (like when I take a handoff) and the player will stutter momentarily. It could be a stutter by my RB as soon as he gets it, or if I'm holding the button down chasing a ball carrier, it could happen in the middle of the pursuit. The player's motion is similar to a juke. I have no idea why this is happening...I'm definitely not hitting any other buttons at the same time.

Has anyone else experienced this? I saved some highlights of this happening but I'm having trouble getting them uploaded. I'll edit when I can do it with some videos to show what I'm talking about.

I think you have to let him get going first before you sprint. So get the ball, take a few steps then hit it.

DeToxRox 07-18-2007 08:08 PM

I lost my first online game 31-10 with Rutgers vs FSU. I lost Ray Rice the first place of the game and then Mike Teel threw 6 picks (I was atrocious passing). The guy I played was good. He played the game the right way and it was a battle of one upping each other until the end (It was 17-10 with two minutes left then I threw a pick 6 and fumbled the KR).

Lots of fun.

Logan 07-18-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 1505054)
I think you have to let him get going first before you sprint. So get the ball, take a few steps then hit it.

I would understand that...but as you'll see when I get the highlights up, I had it happen while in a footrace to the endzone after running for 20 or so yards.

DeToxRox 07-18-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 1505062)
I would understand that...but as you'll see when I get the highlights up, I had it happen while in a footrace to the endzone after running for 20 or so yards.

Could be stamina running low?

Logan 07-18-2007 08:29 PM

Don't think that's it either...picked up on the speed after the stutter.

Two of three videos are uploaded but I'm having trouble getting to the EA website.

DeToxRox 07-18-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 1505087)
Don't think that's it either...picked up on the speed after the stutter.

Two of three videos are uploaded but I'm having trouble getting to the EA website.

Could be the sprints are in bursts and you have to time them for continual movement?

Richard Weed 07-18-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 1505090)
Could be the sprints are in bursts and you have to time them for continual movement?

I don't think so. I also haven't seen that since a 2k Sports game.

MizzouRah 07-18-2007 09:16 PM

Campus Legend is going to keep me up all night. :D

I think I'm going to try a quick dynasty thread... although the EA servers are taking a beating tonight and I haven't been able to upload videos or pics from the our opening game in the HS playoffs.

atatange1 07-18-2007 09:26 PM

Am I missing something or can you not rename your coach when you start dynasty mode? I would like to put in my name instead of being OSU Coach or whatever the initials are for the team I will take.

illinifan999 07-18-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atatange1 (Post 1505140)
Am I missing something or can you not rename your coach when you start dynasty mode? I would like to put in my name instead of being OSU Coach or whatever the initials are for the team I will take.

I dont know how to do it pre-dynasty, but after you start go to my ncaa and look for coaching positions or something like that. you can then edit your coach and name.

TroyF 07-18-2007 09:55 PM

I'm in complete heaven. And complete hell.

I want to:

Run a dynasty with my Buffs.
Use campus legend mode as a QB, RB, MLB and DE and maybe a S
Play online with anyone and everyone I know. (all of you. Mike, I owe you a game)

That'll only take me, what 75 hours?

I also want to:

Create every type of legend team in 2K8. I mean, every type of legend team I can find. Running teams led by Sweetness and Campbell and Sanders, passing teams with Elway or Montana or Young and Rice or Sharpe. Defensive teams with Butkis and White or Night Train and Lott. I could design a team, play a quarter, design another team, play a quarter and go all night.

That's what? 75 hours? Should I just quit my job now and be done with it?

I wait for a great football game for years and in the span of a day, I have two. And Madden isn't even here yet. Unbelievable.
And to top it off, I'm going away for two weeks in 5 days.

Thank you EA and 2K. This is the best console football season I can ever remember.

Groundhog 07-18-2007 09:57 PM

Damn you EA and 2K. Release the damn games in my region too. :mad:

kingnebwsu 07-18-2007 10:00 PM

I just became Ohio State's starting running back about halfway through the season. I "earned" the start the week after the real starting RB ran for 225 yards and 4 TD's. Unrealistic, but necessary for the average user to enjoy CL? Also, the timeouts on CL are broken. The opposing team ran 3 run plays with a lead and less than a minute to go. We got the ball back with 45 seconds left and all 3 TO's intact.

I suck really bad at the actual game. 0-3 so far (0-2 online and 0-1 vs AA difficulty offline team). I need more practice. Haven't truly "played" a football game in 3 years.

MizzouRah 07-18-2007 10:12 PM

Yep, I'm not sure I'm going to play dynasty in a LONG, LONG, time!

CL is VERY addicting, more so than The Show's career mode.

I just wish EA's site was up so I can get some videos and pics into my dynasty. My first TD was something that makes me love video games. :)

So far EA, you hit a homerun with NCAA!

atatange1 07-18-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan999 (Post 1505142)
I dont know how to do it pre-dynasty, but after you start go to my ncaa and look for coaching positions or something like that. you can then edit your coach and name.

Thanks illinifan, I found it. You have to go through all the preseason stuff first then you can edit. Thanks again.

Young Drachma 07-18-2007 11:15 PM

CL is the same as before on the PS2, none of this HS business. Or at least, that's what it seems like. Bleh.

vex 07-18-2007 11:17 PM

Got my first "disk unreadable" error tonight:(

Ksyrup 07-18-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud (Post 1505255)
CL is the same as before on the PS2, none of this HS business. Or at least, that's what it seems like. Bleh.

I just messed with CL on 2007 for PS2, and I don't get it. I thought I only controlled myself, but it looks like I have to play out entire games? I thought the whole point was that we didn't control anyone but our player?

MizzouRah 07-18-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 1505259)
I just messed with CL on 2007 for PS2, and I don't get it. I thought I only controlled myself, but it looks like I have to play out entire games? I thought the whole point was that we didn't control anyone but our player?

I guess it's different on the ps2, becuase I can either watch plays that I'm not envolved in or I can sim to when I'm in the game.

Ksyrup 07-18-2007 11:25 PM

Even on the 2007 version? I don't know what I'm doing, I just started it up and once I got to an actual game, it was just like playing in dynasty mode - I controlled everyone.

Radii 07-18-2007 11:26 PM

Started up CL tonight on my 360, made myself a power running back, on my 3rd play I got a big gain, it took a snapshot of my run, put it on the screen, and the game froze. Whee.

vex 07-18-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 1505269)
Even on the 2007 version? I don't know what I'm doing, I just started it up and once I got to an actual game, it was just like playing in dynasty mode - I controlled everyone.

I think this is the first year of supersim on all versions.

Ksyrup 07-18-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vex (Post 1505273)
I think this is the first year of supersim on all versions.

I'm not talking about the simming, necessarily. I guess I was under the impression that the whole point of playing CL was that we only control our player on our team - we can't control what anyone else does, we just control our player. But that doesn't seem to be the way it works, unless I'm missing something.

Not a big deal, it just completely kills any interest I have in CL if I'm basically playing a normal game and my "character" just happens to be on the field sometimes while I'm playing.

rowech 07-18-2007 11:52 PM

I just played for about 2.5 hours. Started a game on All-American with Auburn at Florida. I was trailing 28-0 at the half. Guess taking three years off from video game football is too much. Seriously, how many moves can you make now? I can't even figure out the best way to position my hands on the controller to make myself have all moves available.

The Campus Legend mode is just awesome. I NEVER go for these kinds of modes but this one is just fun. Playing through the high school playoffs is neat as is signing day. I was a RB who ended up signing to be the 3rd string RB at Texas. Made myself into 2nd string by week four and saw my first action in a blowout against Rice, carrying the ball 8 times for 61 yards including a sweet option play.

Just a lot of fun...can't wait to play more tomorrow with me actually playing everything as well as checking out dynasty mode.