Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The "What the Hell Do You Look Like Thread" 2005 (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=34228)

Loren 08-18-2005 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
:( Not looking forward to that. Mess or chaos drives me crazy. In fact, in that first picture over my right shoulder you can see a dog toy - a pink piggy. I picked it up and put it in the basket with all the other dog toys as soon as I took this picture.

lol and your walls are white....yeah, you'll be grateful if you can see the floor in a couple yrs:)...but rather that than have a museum type house where the kids cant do nothing :rolleyes:

Marc Vaughan 08-18-2005 04:44 AM

Me and my twin brother .... allegedly ... although I'm slightly slimmer now (emphasis on the word 'slightly' unfortunately ;) ).

korme 08-18-2005 04:53 AM

Marc, how old are you? You can't be older than 25.

sterlingice 08-18-2005 05:02 AM

Pumpy, you always have the greatest pictures. Love the cereal killer shirt.

That said, in my head, your total existence consists of constantly getting pictures developed and then running to post a couple to this thread ;)

SI

Marc Vaughan 08-18-2005 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Marc, how old are you? You can't be older than 25.

I always knew I liked you Shorty :D

(I'm 34)

Pumpy Tudors 08-18-2005 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice
Pumpy, you always have the greatest pictures. Love the cereal killer shirt.

That said, in my head, your total existence consists of constantly getting pictures developed and then running to post a couple to this thread ;)

Aww hell naw. Digital camera mounted on a tripod in my computer room, baby.

Samdari 08-18-2005 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
:( Not looking forward to that. Mess or chaos drives me crazy. In fact, in that first picture over my right shoulder you can see a dog toy - a pink piggy. I picked it up and put it in the basket with all the other dog toys as soon as I took this picture.

After about 7 months, you just leave the toys where they are because that is less annoying than the thought of bending over to pick up the same toy for the 5th time today.

I find it helps if you think of toys strewn everywhere as quaint decor.

Eaglesfan27 08-18-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty
My wife needs to get friends like you to rub off on her. :)

Mine too. :(

FrogMan 08-18-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samdari
After about 7 months, you just leave the toys where they are because that is less annoying than the thought of bending over to pick up the same toy for the 5th time today.

I find it helps if you think of toys strewn everywhere as quaint decor.

took you 7 months to start doing that??? I think I did it the first day one of my kids threw a toy around :D

and yes, toys as a decor is a comforting thought :)

FM

Samdari 08-19-2005 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrogMan
took you 7 months to start doing that??? I think I did it the first day one of my kids threw a toy around :D

Well, he did not really start playing with his toys until 5 months. We even used to pick up his toys when he went down for naps. Then at 6 months it became, "well, he's only going to be awake and sitting on the floor playing with these in a couple hours" and they did not get picked up. Then it became, "well he's only going to be sitting on the floor playing with these again tommorrow morning"

Anthony 08-19-2005 08:23 AM

i've been telling my family (and in-laws) that when we do have children no one will be allowed to buy them toys. i want to cut down on the amount of toys that my children will have from one year to the next. rather than the parents buying toys, plus family and extended family - i just want my wife and i to be the primary toy-buyers. and if/when i allow someone to buy my kid a toy it will have to not make any noise. call me boring, but i've told people they'd only be able to buy clothes, books or bonds.

when my kid complains about getting so many boring bonds, i'll just explain that they won't understand now, but when they reach college and want to have a car they'll appreciate having bonds to cash in and that they'll thank me later.

so i'm saying my kids will always have the latest and greatest must-haves, they just won't have a ton of toys, and not many noisy ones if i can help it.

Ksyrup 08-19-2005 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i've been telling my family (and in-laws) that when we do have children no one will be allowed to buy them toys. i want to cut down on the amount of toys that my children will have from one year to the next. rather than the parents buying toys, plus family and extended family - i just want my wife and i to be the primary toy-buyers. and if/when i allow someone to buy my kid a toy it will have to not make any noise. call me boring, but i've told people they'd only be able to buy clothes, books or bonds.

when my kid complains about getting so many boring bonds, i'll just explain that they won't understand now, but when they reach college and want to have a car they'll appreciate having bonds to cash in and that they'll thank me later.

so i'm saying my kids will always have the latest and greatest must-haves, they just won't have a ton of toys, and not many noisy ones if i can help it.

Good idea. I've actually gotten pissed at my wife's family because of how many toys they buy. As a result, we have ended up with 3 rocking horses, a ton of big stuff we don't have room for, and just a shitload of duplicative/unnecessary stuff. We have a 6 year old and 15 month old, and we've got 3 room of toys, plus 4 boxes in the attic. I've started demanding that we send the baby toys to my wife's sister, who has a 3 month old, as soon as we decide the baby doesn't play with them any more. My goal is that in 3 years, all toys will be confined to both kids' rooms. It's freaking insane!

Stick with you plan, even if it means pissing people off.

Anthony 08-19-2005 09:37 AM

yeah, when i say it now they think i'm kidding and laugh it off. i'm not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination, but i don't like random clutter. i'm one of those "everything has a place" kind of people.

your situation is exactly what i'm trying to avoid (no offense intended, your children obviously are in a loving and generous family). i just don't think one little human needs to amass such a huge inventory of toys, especially since year to year new toys come which makes old ones fall out of favor. like i said, i won't be a toy nazi, come christmas they'll have a huge amount of gifts and toys and whatever they want, they just won't need 15+ people getting them toys year in and year out. yikes! i need room for my toys. :)

Buzzbee 08-19-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

I used to think like that. Then I had kids.

rkmsuf 08-19-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzbee
I used to think like that. Then I had kids.

heh

stevew 08-19-2005 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Good idea. I've actually gotten pissed at my wife's family because of how many toys they buy. As a result, we have ended up with 3 rocking horses, a ton of big stuff we don't have room for, and just a shitload of duplicative/unnecessary stuff. We have a 6 year old and 15 month old, and we've got 3 room of toys, plus 4 boxes in the attic. I've started demanding that we send the baby toys to my wife's sister, who has a 3 month old, as soon as we decide the baby doesn't play with them any more. My goal is that in 3 years, all toys will be confined to both kids' rooms. It's freaking insane!

Stick with you plan, even if it means pissing people off.

I also dislike all the frigging toys, furthermore I'll add clothes to the list. I appreciate the thought of people buying stuff for the girls, but right now they have all the toys they need. And clothes, unless you specifically ask me which size the girls are wearing at this exact moment, its pretty useless to buy them clothes. I've donated/given to friends or coworkers so much stuff that we've gotten because it was either too small, or too large(and then became seasonally inappropriate when it fit). From age 1-2 kids grow so much. Hopefully this problem will clear up some, becuase i moved closer to family, and the stores they buy stuff at are actually reasonably close to me to exchange stuff at.

Samdari 08-19-2005 08:29 PM

Quote:

Just like everyone without kids - you've got it all figured out :)

FrogMan 08-19-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samdari
Just like everyone without kids - you've got it all figured out :)

:D

FM

JonInMiddleGA 08-19-2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

i've been telling my family (and in-laws) that when we do have children no one will be allowed to buy them toys.

{Sponge-Bob voice on}

Well, good luck with that.

{/S-B voice}

MrBug708 08-19-2005 09:00 PM

HA has 10 ideas with no kids. Soon he'll have ten kids and no ideas.

Pumpy Tudors 08-19-2005 09:01 PM

This thread is starting to get off topic. I need to post pictures.

sovereignstar 08-19-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sovereignstar

sexy girlfriend!

Pumpy Tudors 08-19-2005 09:33 PM

oh shi

jbmagic 08-20-2005 02:08 AM

how old is Shorty3281?

he looks so young.

JeeberD 08-20-2005 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmagic
how old is Shorty3281?

he looks so young.

Open the floodgates...

Izulde 08-20-2005 02:15 AM

I'm gonna slam down with new pics of me and Wyoming chicks soon as I get a chance to get 'em.

Samdari 08-20-2005 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBug708
Soon he'll have ten kids

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Has anyone told Mrs. HA?

korme 08-20-2005 11:47 AM

im 13

Flasch186 08-21-2005 10:28 AM

magnolia being tortured by GF:

duckman 08-21-2005 10:31 AM

That's disturbing.

terpkristin 08-21-2005 10:39 AM

You GF put one of her bikinis on the dog?
Or is it one of YOUR bikinis, Flasch? ;) :D

/tk

WSUCougar 08-21-2005 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorty3281
im 13

touché

MrBug708 08-21-2005 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terpkristin
You GF put one of her bikinis on the dog?
Or is it one of YOUR bikinis, Flasch? ;) :D

/tk

I find it more disturbing that the dog is named Magnolia. Obviously Flasch is a big Tom Cruise fan. :D

MrBug708 08-21-2005 12:56 PM

Dola

fantastic flying froggies 08-21-2005 01:10 PM

Wow, Bug, what's with the suit?

FWIW, you actually remind me of one of the guys from the Dead Poet's Society in that pic...

MrBug708 08-21-2005 01:12 PM

It was for an important job fair a couple of months ago. I actually have to bust it out again for an expo I need to go to later today. About to iron my shirt right now. ;)

Raiders Army 08-22-2005 08:59 AM

Nice dark suit. I'd go with the red "power" tie, though for a job conference/fair.

MacroGuru 08-22-2005 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
Wow, Bug, what's with the suit?

FWIW, you actually remind me of one of the guys from the Dead Poet's Society in that pic...

Pitts! Thats who he looks like....Pitts from DPS!

gottimd 08-22-2005 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim

Gerard Pitts

MrBug708 08-22-2005 10:41 AM

COuld be worse I guess

Raven Hawk 08-22-2005 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim

You sure you weren't thinking of Meeks?

fantastic flying froggies 08-22-2005 03:37 PM

No, no, it was Pitts!

Draft Dodger 09-01-2005 05:28 PM

100% sober here, believe it or not...

Raven Hawk 09-01-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
100% sober here, believe it or not...

I choose not to believe it.

McSweeny 09-01-2005 05:48 PM

oh boy i'm glad this thread was bumped. I have a perfect picture to post that fits all the requirments.

a. drunk
b. really drunk
c. hot chick included

Franklinnoble 09-01-2005 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby
me and my friend patti before we went to the dave concert

For some reason, I thought you'd be, well, chubby.

ice4277 09-01-2005 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
For some reason, I thought you'd be, well, chubby.

oh, the irony

sovereignstar 09-01-2005 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSweeny
oh boy i'm glad this thread was bumped. I have a perfect picture to post that fits all the requirments.

a. drunk
b. really drunk
c. hot chick included

d. bad tattoos

JonInMiddleGA 09-01-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ice4277
oh, the irony

Reminds me of rain on your wedding day or something.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 09-01-2005 06:50 PM

Me last week.