Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Goal Line Blitz MMORPG (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=64420)

Poli 03-30-2008 09:23 PM

I was traded to zbuckley's team, another FOFC team.

BYU 14 03-30-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twothree (Post 1695825)
I have a level 1 (almost level 2) free agent WR available, who would be interested in joining your team. And, I am quite willing to be a back-up/special teams player.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=61861

OK, you're in, you will be #3 WR at worst, possible #2 by end of the Season. You will still get a ton of playing time. We also have a team forum on the boards.

Poli 03-30-2008 10:34 PM

Sounds like I should have been traded to BYU's team. :)

damnMikeBrown 03-30-2008 10:52 PM

South American AAA-- Buenes Aires Marauders

I''m ridiculous. Really just bought the team to get my RB some playing time...at any rate if any FOFC'rs want in, just let me know. It's all about the exp on this team until more North American teams open up.

mckerney 03-30-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damnMikeBrown (Post 1695935)

I''m ridiculous. Really just bought the team to get my RB some playing time...at any rate if any FOFC'rs want in, just let me know. It's all about the exp on this team until more North American teams open up.

I'd be interested in signing after the season. My Level 5 TE Steve Remington is mostly a blocking TE, but has about 7 catches and 60 yards per game in the passing game.

twothree 03-30-2008 11:18 PM

It has been fun to watch owners trade around my players. Most of them are still level 1 so this is quite understandable. I even have a player on one team, which was traded to another team owned by the same user. This user now has 4 teams, the most I have seen belong to one player, and is moving all of his best players to one of his teams and is planning to use his remaining 3 teams as farm teams. Quite an interesting strategy. He also owns 28 players.

And just in case you don't know, you can only own one team in each national set of leagues. One in the USA, one in Canada, etc.

BYU 14 03-30-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 1695927)
Sounds like I should have been traded to BYU's team. :)

Start acting like TO and when you get released I'll sign you ;)

twothree 03-30-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damnMikeBrown (Post 1695935)

I added you to the list of team owners. My guess is that sometime tonight or tomorrow all teams will have human owners at least until new conferences are added. I wonder how that will change the game. You definitly won't get your choice of three automatic CPU contracts for your new level 1 player.

twothree 03-31-2008 12:18 AM

Heh...guess I won't get to find out. Since they just opened up two new conferences in Oceania and South America.

Mustang 03-31-2008 09:29 AM

Owning a team and trying to get people to sign is ridiculous. Seems like everyone wants max $ and a starting position. I've been offering starting time, but not max $...

Money is pointless in the game beyond training so, I'm not sure why everyone wants max $. I'd hope they would change that at some point.

rkmsuf 03-31-2008 09:31 AM

My guy just sits around all day in between getting traded to be the 7th wideout on a different team.

Billy Hoyle might have to resort to some basketball hustling to stay occupied. In between training his speed daily of course.

Poli 03-31-2008 09:32 AM

Apparently I've been traded again. I feel like Kenny Lofton.

Kodos 03-31-2008 09:34 AM

WE NEED BIG CASH MONEY!!! GIVE IT TO US, OR WE WALK!!!!1!

Coffee Warlord 03-31-2008 09:39 AM

Rob Nielsen still needs the damn ball!

His inagural game he had just 1 catch. But that catch was for 10 yards. See that? Rob Nielsen gets firsts downs. Rob Nielsen averages a first down 100% of the time he gets the damn ball.

Poli 03-31-2008 09:40 AM

Heh, CW, I'm in the same boat. 1 catch, 10 yards. I'll get the ball more today before I'm traded out again. Looks like I'm going to the 'guru' Tim Harper's team to be the 3rd WR there.

Kodos 03-31-2008 10:01 AM

Level 3 QB LeCharles Darwin is looking for a bench to ride on a human team.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=87124

Mustang 03-31-2008 10:07 AM

I wish Flash Flynn would be traded... Lvl 6 WR riding the depth chart at #4..

Poli 03-31-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 1696093)
I wish Flash Flynn would be traded... Lvl 6 WR riding the depth chart at #4..

That's what happened with me. I don't know who your 'owner' is, but maybe you can talk with him. SD and I talked and it led to my trade.

Antmeister 03-31-2008 10:34 AM

Okay, some guy just bought the CPU team I am on and named them the Barcelona Spanish Matadors. Is this an FOFCer?

damnMikeBrown 03-31-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 1696090)
Level 3 QB LeCharles Darwin is looking for a bench to ride on a human team.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=87124

I can start you. Sent a trade to the Gators.

Peregrine 03-31-2008 10:43 AM

As I look more at this game, I really wonder why some FOFCer didn't come up with this a while back - given the popularity of interactive dynasties and fantasy football - this game seems to have huge upside. It's fun to track your players, there's a private forum for each team (and all the human players have a stake) and as they add more tactics and gameplanning it will get better and better.

Kodos 03-31-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damnMikeBrown (Post 1696114)
I can start you. Sent a trade to the Gators.

We're movin' on up?

damnMikeBrown 03-31-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 1696125)
We're movin' on up?

Actually, we're not all together talented. Just bringing in FOFC people that need to start for the xp. We won't be horrible, but we're not exactly stellar yet.

I am sort of curious as to what would happen if I put a RB in at QB though, and ran 100% of the time. . .

Coffee Warlord 03-31-2008 11:30 AM

I'll beg for an FOFC'r to trade for me (a human team bought me) once get a few levels.

Rob Nielsen, possession receiver almighty.

Poli 03-31-2008 11:42 AM

BYU's looking for someone with your mental state, CW.

vex 03-31-2008 02:28 PM

If anyone needs a SS:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=88653

JPhillips 03-31-2008 02:29 PM

Ouch! The Admirals were on the wrong end of a 38-10 ass whipping. No offense and no defense makes for a bad game. It's going to be tough for us as long as we play teams that are higher average level.

hawk4669 03-31-2008 02:54 PM

...and the 'Backs fall again. Growing pains are tough. ;)

Cheers!

Alan T 03-31-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk4669 (Post 1696304)

Cheers!

I played alot more which is nice for me.. but they hardly ran it up the middle at all. Out of 42 running plays, only like 5-6 of them were up the middle. They had a ton of huge running gains around the outside. I think its a case of us needing to figure out what works best for us as a defense unit a bit more. I think this team had a bit more established players on their team though, so a game that was 14-6 for a long time isn't a really big blow out at least.

Eaglesfan27 03-31-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk4669 (Post 1696304)

Cheers!

Certainly a disappointing loss. The only good thing for me is that Randall is now level 6. I'll be deciding what to improve when I get home tonight from work.

chesapeake 03-31-2008 03:07 PM

RB Ches O'Peake looking for steady work.

Kodos 03-31-2008 03:08 PM

Only two completions to Chuck Farley = Lowcountry loss. Sad!

TazFTW 03-31-2008 03:08 PM

Apparently I'm Bill Bates.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=552157

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=552285 (forced fumble!)

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=552359

Peregrine 03-31-2008 04:16 PM

Maybe someone can answer this question about the game - why does whether the player is active or not matter? It seems like many teams are obsessed with activity - does it make the player worse if you are gone for a few days?

Icy 03-31-2008 04:19 PM

Damn i'm soooo addicted to this game. I have created seven lvl4 players already and also bought a team in the Euro West AAA. I really love both playing as coach and as player. The game is really well done, deep enough but easy to play.

Alan T 03-31-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine (Post 1696385)
Maybe someone can answer this question about the game - why does whether the player is active or not matter? It seems like many teams are obsessed with activity - does it make the player worse if you are gone for a few days?

Maybe I am missing the reference, but if I had to guess, you want to give an active player the playing time so you know they will be using the points gained from experience to making their player better.

The same reason you play human players over CPU players, they should get better with more playing time where the CPU players won't ever get better.

If its a case of someone being upset that someone will be away for 2-3 days, then I really don't know.

IMetTrentGreen 03-31-2008 05:18 PM

Alan T - What did you change? I only played 24 plays this week and I'm not sure why.

Poli 03-31-2008 05:19 PM

4 receptions and a couple of returns. Calgary Stampede, here I come!

Alan T 03-31-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMetTrentGreen (Post 1696441)
Alan T - What did you change? I only played 24 plays this week and I'm not sure why.

I made sure I was 100 energy before the game started is the only thing I changed. I think I played almost the entire game. I also have been working on upping my stamina for the past few days too. I noticed that the other team almost completely avoided me as well, which might have caused me to not use much energy on the plays when I was in the first place.

Otherwise, I didn't do much different, not sure if anything was changed team setting wise.

BYU 14 03-31-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 1696153)
I'll beg for an FOFC'r to trade for me (a human team bought me) once get a few levels.

Rob Nielsen, possession receiver almighty.

Let me know when you are ready....

On another fun note Chilton crushed Boston today 31-7, despite our less then stellar QB play.

Somebody please make a good passing QB!!

IMetTrentGreen 03-31-2008 09:20 PM

Hmm. Guess I need to keep training stamina. I should level up tonight.

twothree 04-01-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bort
Trust me, we are WELL AWARE of the problem. The site has grown way WAY faster than we ever planned for at launch.

We'll be adding a lot more leagues as soon as we can, but right now we don't have enough processing power to handle many more sims per day - we're already running them for 14 hours straight on our single sim server.

We've got some multi-core multi-processor servers on order to deal with that problem, but unfortunately they won't be here until later this week.

We also have a plan for league layout that will allow for many more teams competing for the chance to play in the pros. It'll be pretty cool - you guys will like it.

That is from this thread

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...hread_id=17271

So it looks like the leagues might get moved around into more of a pyramid arrangement next season.

Icy 04-01-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU 14 (Post 1696584)
Let me know when you are ready....

On another fun note Chilton crushed Boston today 31-7, despite our less then stellar QB play.

Somebody please make a good passing QB!!

I can create a level 4 pocket passer QB for your team if you want him as starter.

Coffee Warlord 04-01-2008 08:33 AM

DamnMikeBrown picked me up.

Rob Nielsen did fairly well in his last game with the San Fran Webzoners, with 3 receptions, and 4 punt returns at a quite decent 10.1 yards per return.

Mustang 04-01-2008 08:49 AM

Do they really need more leagues and teams?

I can't field shit for players on my one team unless I make my own let alone compete with a crapload more teams.

Bee 04-01-2008 10:40 AM

I have a level 5 HB that's 3rd string on larrymcg's team if a fofcer wants to trade for me and start me, they have my permission. :D

Coffee Warlord 04-01-2008 10:45 AM

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=1890694

I am so trying to snag some referral points for any late newcomers. :)

Icy 04-01-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 1696944)
I have a level 5 HB that's 3rd string on larrymcg's team if a fofcer wants to trade for me and start me, they have my permission. :D

I can use you as my starter, what is larry looking for? what is the team link? i have my own level 5 SS that i want to trade away from my own team to avoid playing time conflicts with my players, i prefer to not to have my own players in my own team, so if larry is up for it, i can trade my own lvl 5 SS for you.

Anthony 04-01-2008 11:03 AM

Dean Houston, QB, has been created. yay

twothree 04-01-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 1696870)
Do they really need more leagues and teams?

I can't field shit for players on my one team unless I make my own let alone compete with a crapload more teams.

Yes they do if they want to make more money. 1000 flex points buys you 2 seasons of ownership of a team. 400 more flex points for each additional season. I would think that would be where they make most of their money. And the demand is there, since all the teams are now owned by humans. I don't know the amount of teams that will be available after the initial 2 seasons, but that's a future isssue.

Getting all human players on your team is another issue. However, I think it might now be harder to do with all the teams under human ownership. My reason being that with no CPU teams, a team owner can no longer trade for a player with a CPU team and get him for his current contract. And free agent human players may now hold out for maximum contracts and a starting job, since almost everyone wants to start.

Getting human players at the less prestigious positions, also seems to be a problem. However, they are trying to encourage users to make players at the less undesirable positions as can now be seen on the create player page.

Just as a note, you can now see how many already active human players are at each position on the create player page.