Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2009 MLB Regular Season Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=70981)

M GO BLUE!!! 10-06-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmp (Post 2136564)
I honestly don't want to see another inning of baseball right now. I especially don't want to see the Twins whatsoever.

My interest in baseball depends on one thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS19 (Post 2136552)
I would LOVE to see Pavano have a chance to knock the Yanks out of the playoffs...

Yup. That about sums it up. Considering I currently live in the Bronx and nearly everyone at my job is a Yankees fan & believes they are entitled to win the series every year (and still find things to complain about even if they do,) I would love to see the $1billion+ stadium quiet in a couple weeks.

A few years ago when the Yankmees collapsed against Boston I had fun acting like I didn't know the outcome & asking guys dressed from head to toe in NY "Hey, I had to leave work & didn't catch the end. What happened?" :devil:

ISiddiqui 10-07-2009 08:11 AM

What a game last night! Wow, see saw action and then finally in the bottom of the 12th, the home team wins. And I guess Miggy Cabrera made some of it up with his 2 run shot.

Ronnie Dobbs2 10-07-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 2136710)
What a game last night! Wow, see saw action and then finally in the bottom of the 12th, the home team wins. And I guess Miggy Cabrera made some of it up with his 2 run shot.

Alternately, if he had done ANYTHING during his drunken weekend perhaps that game never gets played.

RomaGoth 10-07-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS19 (Post 2136552)
annnnnnnd 2008, welcome to our world.

On another note, I would LOVE to see Pavano have a chance to knock the Yanks out of the playoffs, not likely, but that would be epic.

Apparently I am the minority here as a Yankees fan, but if I only get to see one positive thing happen this year, it will be the complete and utter collapse of that piece of shit Pavano. I hope he gets lit up like a fucking Christmas tree. Stupid ass Cashman ever signing him was idiotic. :mad:

fantom1979 10-07-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! (Post 2136434)
As for the Tigers? They should be forced to eat their owners pizza.

At least they won't go broke doing it (unless they order it at the Stadium)

Denial Of Freedom 10-07-2009 04:59 PM

I was at the game last night and boy was it amazing in person, just wish I had recorded it so I could watch it again from different angles. I do feel a little for the Tigers however because it looks like Keppel hit Inge (I think that is who it was) with the bases loaded. Now I will just have to hope the Yankees will find a way to lose against the Twins like they did the Redsox several years ago.

ISiddiqui 10-08-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 (Post 2136722)
Alternately, if he had done ANYTHING during his drunken weekend perhaps that game never gets played.

I believe they won the game the day after he was out until 5.

Chief Rum 10-08-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 2137715)
I believe they won the game the day after he was out until 5.

Actually, I think it was in the transition from Friday night-Saturday morning that that all happened, IIRC. Which means the Tigers lost Saturday, the actual game after the incident. They did win Sunday.

Ronnie Dobbs2 10-08-2009 12:44 PM

It doesn't appear to me that he was particularly focused during his team's historic collapse, whether they happened to win one of the games to salvage a playoff or not.

JPhillips 10-08-2009 01:00 PM

Arod has no clutch. Sure he got two RBIs, but only after the game was already in hand.

Chief Rum 10-08-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 2137828)
Arod has no clutch. Sure he got two RBIs, but only after the game was already in hand.

lol...he can't win for trying. :)

Meanwhile, I swear to God, I have heard the replay of Jeter's "amazing" two run shot more times than any two run homerun in history... :rolleyes:

DeToxRox 10-08-2009 01:16 PM

The more I think about it, the more I can see one scenario in which Cabrera get's traded and that is to the Orioles who need a big right handed bat at 1B. Plus they have enough young talent to make a deal.

That said I am pretty sure it never happens, but I could see that scenario.

stevew 10-08-2009 03:29 PM

The Nationals probably have enough cash flow to take him as well.

An infield of Zimmerman/Guzman/2b(sign Hudson?)/Cabrera
Outfield of Willingham/Morgan/Dunn

Then again, Dunn in RF would cost a bunch of runs again probably.

Chief Rum 10-08-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 2137843)
The more I think about it, the more I can see one scenario in which Cabrera get's traded and that is to the Orioles who need a big right handed bat at 1B. Plus they have enough young talent to make a deal.

That said I am pretty sure it never happens, but I could see that scenario.

I don't see how Cabrera gets dealt with his baggage and that contract for any kind of young talent whatsoever except for okay prospects at best, and not many of them either.

DeToxRox 10-08-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2137982)
I don't see how Cabrera gets dealt with his baggage and that contract for any kind of young talent whatsoever except for okay prospects at best, and not many of them either.

I agree there. I still don't want to see him traded as he is one of the best hitters in baseball and it'd be a shame to think of dealing him now. We'll see though.

mauchow 10-08-2009 08:16 PM

That Matt Holliday pickup sure looks good now... OUCH.

kingfc22 10-08-2009 08:16 PM

Puke

JonInMiddleGA 10-08-2009 08:33 PM

Woot

Balldog 10-08-2009 09:59 PM

I really don't understand how CB Buckner can possibly be a playoff umpire. The guy is a joke.

mauchow 10-09-2009 08:02 PM

Minnesota up 3-1 now. Thank you very much!

Chip Caray needs to stop calling soft liners fly balls. Fly balls go higher than 10-15 ft off the ground. Chip called the Twins first go ahead single a flyball and also the second go ahead single a flyball. Both of which were soft liners at worst.

k0ruptr 10-09-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1 (Post 2139126)
Minnesota up 3-1 now. Thank you very much!

Chip Caray needs to stop calling soft liners fly balls. Fly balls go higher than 10-15 ft off the ground. Chip called the Twins first go ahead single a flyball and also the second go ahead single a flyball. Both of which were soft liners at worst.

see the playoff thread!

MizzouRah 10-09-2009 08:34 PM

F U A ROD!