Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Alright boyz, here we go!!! FM 2006 First Impressions (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=43900)

Cringer 11-07-2005 07:32 PM

I would be interested, depending on the pace and schedule of things. And once I get the game. :D

MikeVick7 11-07-2005 07:37 PM

Yeah I'd be down too.

sovereignstar 11-07-2005 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cringer
I would be interested, depending on the pace and schedule of things. And once I get the game. :D

Hah! You know how these online games work, right? Everyone has to be logged on to the host at the same time.

Cringer 11-07-2005 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Hah! You know how these online games work, right? Everyone has to be logged on to the host at the same time.

Ouch, I guess I am out. :(

MikeVick7 11-07-2005 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sovereignstar

Yeah, I've heard that's how FM/MP works. I'd still be down on the right night of course. :)

MikeVick7 11-07-2005 07:49 PM

dola - I think if you can't be online on a certain night, you can set your Asst Man to handle all of your duties, ie lineups, training...etc. Not that it would be as effective, but at least it would be still possible to stay in the league.

sovereignstar 11-07-2005 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVick7
Yeah, I've heard that's how FM/MP works. I'd still be down on the right night of course. :)

Well Cringer doesn't have much free time himself being that he trucks during the week, and is either resting against his wife's boosom or listening to me rant on about how shitty guys are running their ImperialFL teams on the weekend.

RPI-Fan 11-07-2005 08:32 PM

If it means anything, some guy bet the SI people a copy of the game (he'd buy two if he lost, they buy him one if he wins), that the game wouldn't be out by 12:00PM EST on 11/9/05 and Miles Jacobsen said "I will gladly take you up on that bet".

Kam 11-07-2005 08:36 PM

the link is up

copied from Sigames
Hi,

Finally I am please to be able to provide you with the link to download. This link downloads a small exe file which you then run again in order to download the installer. Be sure to change the default directory if you want to keep a copy of the installer to use on another

machine or give to friends.

The link is here:
http://drh.digitalriver.com/servlet/DownloadServlet?pro...38931800&siteID=sega

Again, we apologise for any inconvenience that they delay has caused, and hope you enjoy the game. The game is based on the second build of the 6.0.1 patch. When patch 6.0.2 comes out, there will be a separate/special version for the WWSM Digital Download version.

I'll check back as soon as I get into work tomorrow for any feedback. It will be late though because I have 10 days lack of sleep to catch up on now that this is out. So please don't be expecting an instant reply . Good night!

Cheers
Graeme

Ramzavail 11-07-2005 08:37 PM

holy crap its up!

RPI-Fan 11-07-2005 08:38 PM

WERD!

RPI-Fan 11-07-2005 08:39 PM

Alright, so if I install it on my Desktop, I do get one or more (if so, how many?) licenses to use on other machines, right?

Thanks!
~rpi-fan

DaddyTorgo 11-07-2005 08:49 PM

aaaah yes! my digi-DL brothers are getting their hands on it! WOOHOO

RPI-Fan 11-07-2005 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
aaaah yes! my digi-DL brothers are getting their hands on it! WOOHOO

Curious -- how much game time have you gone through on your's so far?

GoldenEagle 11-07-2005 08:50 PM

Digital River?!?!?!?

Pumpy Tudors 11-07-2005 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Digital River?!?!?!?

It explains so much, doesn't it?

illinifan999 11-07-2005 09:02 PM

I really need a credit card. :(

sovereignstar 11-07-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Digital River?!?!?!?

speechless

Eaglesfan27 11-07-2005 09:05 PM

Wierd. After all of the waiting, I'm finding myself wanting to play FM 05 tonight instead (gotta finish my season.) ;)

However, once I get done work tomorrow (and I have a very short day tomorrow) I'll be all over this download.

MikeVick7 11-07-2005 09:07 PM

Wow. I'm shocked.

RPI-Fan 11-07-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Wierd. After all of the waiting, I'm finding myself wanting to play FM 05 tonight instead (gotta finish my season.) ;)

However, once I get done work tomorrow (and I have a very short day tomorrow) I'll be all over this download.

You should DL/install it tonight so you're ready to go tomorrow.:)

Fouts 11-07-2005 09:12 PM

Downloading now. This will be the first version I've purchased. I'm more interested in taking over a team from the lower leagues and leading them up to the premier leagues. This is possible, right?

Eaglesfan27 11-07-2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
You should DL/install it tonight so you're ready to go tomorrow.:)

I might install it after the MNF game (who am I kidding - I'm sure I will.) Right now, I just want to watch the game and play FM 05 on my lap from the comfort of my couch. After the MNF game, WWSM 06 will be installed on my main computer upstairs (which will let me run many many leagues! :))

Eaglesfan27 11-07-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts
Downloading now. This will be the first version I've purchased. I'm more interested in taking over a team from the lower leagues and leading them up to the premier leagues. This is possible, right?

Of course. I guess you never read my dynasty ;)

DaddyTorgo 11-07-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Curious -- how much game time have you gone through on your's so far?

a little over a year. 14...15 months? 3 days 15 hours of actual time though (although some of that is time it sits in the background open so it's not that accurate).

jbmagic 11-07-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Alright, so if I install it on my Desktop, I do get one or more (if so, how many?) licenses to use on other machines, right?

Thanks!
~rpi-fan

you only get to install it a total of 5 times only like EHM.

after that it wont install no more.

Eaglesfan27 11-07-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmagic
you only get to install it a total of 5 times only like EHM.

after that it wont install no more.

However, Marc has already mentioned that he would help us out if some fluke happens where you are having a problem with a license..

jbmagic 11-07-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
However, Marc has already mentioned that he would help us out if some fluke happens where you are having a problem with a license..

yep, SI has great support.

Antmeister 11-07-2005 09:31 PM

Sega and Digital River? Interesting....

Pumpy Tudors 11-07-2005 09:42 PM

I can't even get my game started. I have it installed, but after I select the leagues and try to get it underway, the program crashes. It's leaving a dump file in the game directory, so I could send it to someone to try to get resolution, but all the SI guys are sleeping now. I'll try to lower the database size from large to normal and see if that helps, but there's no way that it should be dying on me just because of the database size.

Pumpy Tudors 11-07-2005 09:45 PM

Well, it didn't crash (at least it hasn't crashed yet, and it has passed the "bad" spot) after I lowered the database size. This is bizarre.

jbmagic 11-07-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Well, it didn't crash (at least it hasn't crashed yet, and it has passed the "bad" spot) after I lowered the database size. This is bizarre.

try rebooting after you install the game. that might help.

McSweeny 11-07-2005 09:48 PM

so wait, i can only selcet US English and not regular english for my language? am i going to have to put up with the foolish american terms?

Pumpy Tudors 11-07-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmagic
try rebooting after you install the game. that might help.

I had already tried it, and it didn't help. I'll probably just play with the normal database and send the dump file to SI so they can look into my problem.

RPI-Fan 11-07-2005 09:52 PM

How many leagues are people running? I have 2.6Ghz w/ 512MB of RAM? I've initially selected 27 divisions/9 nations, but before I actually start my game I want to see if maybe this is a little overboard?

Pumpy Tudors 11-07-2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

How many leagues are people running? I have 2.6Ghz w/ 512MB of RAM? I've initially selected 27 divisions/9 nations, but before I actually start my game I want to see if maybe this is a little overboard?

Well, I'm trying to run 45 divisions from 15 nations, but I have a gig of RAM. You should be OK, more or less.

Cringer 11-07-2005 10:01 PM

I am downloading, I think I need to change my undies.....

Eaglesfan27 11-07-2005 10:21 PM

I'm not sure if I've mentioned before that I have 4 Gigs of RAM (a little excessive I know) on the new computer. I'm really debating on running at least the top league from each country (and more leagues from countries that I care about more.)

FrogMan 11-07-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSweeny
so wait, i can only selcet US English and not regular english for my language? am i going to have to put up with the foolish american terms?

just saw that too, I'm a bit peeved about that to be honest... :(

FM

SirFozzie 11-07-2005 10:22 PM

EF: I ran 64 divisions in 27 nations on a gig, and it's pretty fast.. on yours? Damn. Run it all!

RPI-Fan 11-07-2005 10:23 PM

How much does a RAM upgrade cost? I'd think about moving to 1gig or more if it's not too expensive.

SirFozzie 11-07-2005 10:23 PM

dola: I am going to create a thread for the FM06 Net Game, so people can say what they want and who'd they like to play.

McSweeny 11-07-2005 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrogMan
just saw that too, I'm a bit peeved about that to be honest... :(

FM

as am i

i figure i might be able to download the FM demo and swap some of the language files... i'll let you know how that turns out

RPI-Fan 11-07-2005 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirFozzie
EF: I ran 64 divisions in 27 nations on a gig, and it's pretty fast.. on yours? Damn. Run it all!

So far my 27/9 (w/ 512) isn't moving too well... gone through the first July (with not many games happening, of course), in roughly an hour. Do things speed up or slow down in later months?

FrogMan 11-07-2005 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I can't even get my game started. I have it installed, but after I select the leagues and try to get it underway, the program crashes. It's leaving a dump file in the game directory, so I could send it to someone to try to get resolution, but all the SI guys are sleeping now. I'll try to lower the database size from large to normal and see if that helps, but there's no way that it should be dying on me just because of the database size.

fwiw, had the same kind of crash on my first try at making a new game, then lowered the number of league in basic details and normal, but upped the database from small to normal and it went through... weird...

FM

FrogMan 11-07-2005 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSweeny
as am i

i figure i might be able to download the FM demo and swap some of the language files... i'll let you know how that turns out

let me know, this could bug me enough to try and track a box version, which I assume has the two Englishes on it...

FM

RPI-Fan 11-07-2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

let me know, this could bug me enough to try and track a box version, which I assume has the two Englishes on it...

FM

I wouldn't be so sure about that... I know there are restrictions when you're selling games with two different names (WWSM & FM) as to having to make a certain amount of things legitmately different -- this may have been one thing they had to totally change. :confused:

DaddyTorgo 11-07-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

FM

or if you guys need the English-English just let me know and I'll snag it for ya and e-mail it off to you I suppose.

edit: or i'm on AIM right now. hop on and i'll file-transfer it to you. as far as i can see, the English.ltc file is only 305k

SirFozzie 11-07-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

So far my 27/9 (w/ 512) isn't moving too well... gone through the first July (with not many games happening, of course), in roughly an hour. Do things speed up or slow down in later months?

July's usualkly tough as teams start to spend money.. it should move faster outside the transfer windows

FrogMan 11-07-2005 10:35 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that... I know there are restrictions when you're selling games with two different names (WWSM & FM) as to having to make a certain amount of things legitmately different -- this may have been one thing they had to totally change. :confused:

WWSM2005 had this options of picking English US or UK, IIRC...

FM