Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Alright, boyz!! Here we go...FM 2007 First Impressions (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=53533)

Passacaglia 06-01-2007 07:58 PM

Playing FM 06, my striker, Jamie Guy, scored two goals.

This is the Guy Show!!!!!!

tee hee hee

DaddyTorgo 06-02-2007 12:40 PM

must...play...fm...now

to relax me 'fore this stupid dinner party-thing

blahhhh grandparents. so lame

DaddyTorgo 06-02-2007 01:24 PM

wow. Don't think i've seen this is a while. Just saw a manager pick up a 6.25k fine for his bashing of the referees.

Pierluigi Casiraghi...haha

Critch 06-02-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaril (Post 1475444)
Do many people play MLS leagues out? I rememeber a big gripe was that eventually the league got filled by all foreign players with a only a few players coming from the NCAA level. With feeder leagues is it been resolved? Any other issues still with feeder leagues?

Not sure how long in this is meant to start, but I'm in my 5th season (MLS is active though I've not managed in it) and everything looks ok to me. Looking back through the drafts there are a good number that have hung around the MLS, a handful that have moved onto Europe (including a regen who's playing in Italy and racking up US internationals), and some who havent stuck in the MLS and are in lower US teams. Looks ok, without doing any statistical analysis...

No NCAA level though from what I've seen. Players seem to be drafted from USL and PDL level teams.

Galaril 06-02-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critch (Post 1476261)
Not sure how long in this is meant to start, but I'm in my 5th season (MLS is active though I've not managed in it) and everything looks ok to me. Looking back through the drafts there are a good number that have hung around the MLS, a handful that have moved onto Europe (including a regen who's playing in Italy and racking up US internationals), and some who havent stuck in the MLS and are in lower US teams. Looks ok, without doing any statistical analysis...

No NCAA level though from what I've seen. Players seem to be drafted from USL and PDL level teams.

Thanks. Mentioning internaional play. I remembe rthat in the past the international friendlies was locked at a certain numbe rlike 5 for a year or something failry low for each nations national team is that still true in this version and if so does the AI schedule friendlies often enough for the various world national teams?

Toddzilla 06-06-2007 10:59 AM

Playing as Peterhead (swapped into the ECN) I tried to sign a player from the USA, but the transfer was canceled after his application for a work permit was turned down.

Should I try again, or will the AI forever deny that player a WP to play for me?

FrogMan 06-06-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddzilla (Post 1478142)
Playing as Peterhead (swapped into the ECN) I tried to sign a player from the USA, but the transfer was canceled after his application for a work permit was turned down.

Should I try again, or will the AI forever deny that player a WP to play for me?

Is the player playing internationally, as in with the National Team? Or does he look like a hopeful for said National Team?

My take on it is that his status might change in the future, just not right at this moment. I mean, what would a committee in charge of giving WP would see more only a few days later that wasn't there before? Maybe in a few weeks/months, maybe a year, his status will have changed and they could allow the WP. So it's not a no forever, but probably a no for the time being...

FM

Critch 06-06-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddzilla (Post 1478142)

You won't get an American until he's played a number of international games, or unless he's deemed to be an outstanding talent. ie, too good for the English Conference.

Only Americans you'll be able to pick up are ones who have a second nationality for one of the EU nations. That's how Jay Demerit got to Watford (via non-league English teams) in real life.

flere-imsaho 06-06-2007 11:30 AM

Ruh-roh. In my second full season in charge of Leeds, I managed to get them to finish 2nd in the EPL (not bad considered they flirted with relegation the years before I arrived). However, now the board want me to win the EPL next year. Plus, over the summer I accepted the French National Team job. Have I bitten off more than I can chew? :D

Marc Vaughan 06-06-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flere-imsaho (Post 1478160)
Ruh-roh. In my second full season in charge of Leeds, I managed to get them to finish 2nd in the EPL (not bad considered they flirted with relegation the years before I arrived). However, now the board want me to win the EPL next year. Plus, over the summer I accepted the French National Team job. Have I bitten off more than I can chew? :D

Leeds irl went from a relatively stable side to attempting to attempting to break into the 'big 4' .. they spent hard and failed to continually achieve Champions League football on successive years .. this lead to their current financial problems and their current lament in the lower leagues ....

It sounds like the board you have are similarly ambitious (probably partially driven by the fan base) - hopefully though they have more common sense with the purse strings.

flere-imsaho 06-06-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1478165)
It sounds like the board you have are similarly ambitious (probably partially driven by the fan base) - hopefully though they have more common sense with the purse strings.

Oh no, they're in financial trouble as well. :) Luckily I recognized this when I took the job and I'm keeping the wage bill below their limit, which helps the budget. I'm also doing a good job making money off of transfers, and being in the Champions' League this season should also help income.

But yeah, given that the previous two years the EPL was won by Arsenal & Man Utd, by margins of 20+ points, I'm doubtful we'll win it this year. So, if they want to sack me for that, so be it. I've already had two offers from EPL teams to take over since I took the Leeds job, so I'm sure there would be more where those came from.

Coffee Warlord 06-06-2007 12:09 PM

It's Leeds. Of course you're not gonna win. :)

flere-imsaho 06-06-2007 12:50 PM

Die.

SunDevil 06-06-2007 03:26 PM

Interesting thread about current scouting with the game.

link

Marc, it might also be something that you would be interested in.

Blade6119 06-08-2007 06:10 PM

Ok, quick question...i have beveren in belgium as my affilitate club to avoid work permit problems. After 2 and a half seasons, the gk i sent there no longer has the WP symbol next to his name. Great, he got his belgian passport and can play for me. But i look at his profile and it doesnt list a second nationality, and i never recieved a news item telling me he picked up a EU nationality. The season begins soon, so should i send him back to belgium until it lists as a second nationality on his profile or trust that since he doesnt have a WP sign that he can now play for my england squad?

GoDukes 06-08-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1479607)
Ok, quick question...i have beveren in belgium as my affilitate club to avoid work permit problems. After 2 and a half seasons, the gk i sent there no longer has the WP symbol next to his name. Great, he got his belgian passport and can play for me. But i look at his profile and it doesnt list a second nationality, and i never recieved a news item telling me he picked up a EU nationality. The season begins soon, so should i send him back to belgium until it lists as a second nationality on his profile or trust that since he doesnt have a WP sign that he can now play for my england squad?

How do you sign someone and send them to Belgium before their permit is denied and the transfer cancelled?

Blade6119 06-08-2007 08:25 PM

If you set up an affiliate club in either belgium or poland(if your in england, and request a feeder club there your board should present a few options and tell you they are for work permit), then when the work permit is denied appeal it...if it is denied again, you can still sign him to your club. You then have to loan that player out to your affiliate until he gains EU nationality(i believe its 2 years for belgium and poland, making them the best options). Once he gets a EU passport, he can play for your team.

Bea-Arthurs Hip 06-11-2007 08:16 PM

Courtesy of the editor I have made a playable "North American Premier League" Which is a swap with the Belgian 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions.

Before anyone gets to excited let me explain the details:

I first did a swap with the American and Belgian leagues. I discovered, no matter what country you swap the USA with, that all USA domestic teams are unable to offer any kind of transfer. I then decided to take a shot in the dark and make all USA teams, leagues and competitions Canadian. To my surprise It worked!!

The problems are:

1.) All teams are Canadian, so all youth players (regens) are canadian nationality.

2.) Because of candian based league, there is no Concacaf Champions league invite.

Things people may not like:

1.) Due to lack of American/Canadian teams I had to create fictional teams to avoid crashes etc... Some of the teams I have created are a little far fetched , Celtic FC of Detroit , Rangers FC of Cleveland and a few others :)I am a Celtic Supporter ok!! (feel free to change them via the editor).

2.) Some team reps, logo's , team reps's, have not been final tweaked or fixed. On my list to fix.

3.) Included in this league are all MLS teams. Which means there is no MLS playable. I am in the process of creating a completely new MLS league and also non playable USL1 , USL2, etc.. with fictional teams which will be a lower reped league in North America. I am working on this as we speak.

Anyway, here is the link:

http://files.filefront.com/napl_cana.../fileinfo.html

I spent way to many hours (days upon days) working on this to abandon after the USA problem. It is not what I hoped for but it is a working promotion-relagation based North American League which makes it kind of fun.

I will keep all updated if anyone is interested.

henry296 07-05-2007 10:21 PM

Just wanted to comment on some of my experiences. I started with Boston Utd in Division 2 and eventually made the Premier League. In my 4th year in the Premiership I ended with a six game winning streak and ended in 7th place with expectations to battle against relegation. The next year, I had higher expectations, but a couple of injuries left me towards the bottom of the table after the winter transfer season. After a big win over Man Utd, I get fired.

I wait and take over the Berlin job and qualify for the Euro Cup. I make the first knockout stage. Again, I struggle early and was actually in 16th at the midway point. However, I start to turn it around and get to 9th place with about 8 to play riding a two game winning streak. Again, fired just as I was turning it around. Now I look for another job. Should I move to the MLS or wait for another job in Europe? The Real Salt Lake job is open after Tony Meola went to Aston Villa. By the way it is 2021.

daedalus 07-06-2007 05:47 AM

Our of curiosity . . .

If memory serves me correctly, back in CM 01/02, you were able to take a league that was partially active to full status.

I am looking to see if that is an option in FM 06 and cannot find it. Am I looking in the wrong location or has that been removed?

Young Drachma 07-06-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip (Post 1480671)
Courtesy of the editor I have made a playable "North American Premier League" Which is a swap with the Belgian 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions.

Before anyone gets to excited let me explain the details:

I first did a swap with the American and Belgian leagues. I discovered, no matter what country you swap the USA with, that all USA domestic teams are unable to offer any kind of transfer. I then decided to take a shot in the dark and make all USA teams, leagues and competitions Canadian. To my surprise It worked!!

The problems are:

1.) All teams are Canadian, so all youth players (regens) are canadian nationality.

2.) Because of candian based league, there is no Concacaf Champions league invite.

Things people may not like:

1.) Due to lack of American/Canadian teams I had to create fictional teams to avoid crashes etc... Some of the teams I have created are a little far fetched , Celtic FC of Detroit , Rangers FC of Cleveland and a few others :)I am a Celtic Supporter ok!! (feel free to change them via the editor).

2.) Some team reps, logo's , team reps's, have not been final tweaked or fixed. On my list to fix.

3.) Included in this league are all MLS teams. Which means there is no MLS playable. I am in the process of creating a completely new MLS league and also non playable USL1 , USL2, etc.. with fictional teams which will be a lower reped league in North America. I am working on this as we speak.

Anyway, here is the link:

http://files.filefront.com/napl_cana.../fileinfo.html

I spent way to many hours (days upon days) working on this to abandon after the USA problem. It is not what I hoped for but it is a working promotion-relagation based North American League which makes it kind of fun.

I will keep all updated if anyone is interested.

This is FANTASTIC. Thank you.

Young Drachma 07-06-2007 09:50 AM

This file is handy too, because in the past when I've wanted an American league..it's been annoying because I haven't wanted to go filling all of the minor divisions with cities and teams. Now that you've done that, I can actually fill out the major leagues with teams in different cities and stuff that I've always envisioned.

Ironhead 07-07-2007 04:20 PM

Quick question. I am getting back into WWSM '06. I am in my fourth season of the game, my second in the Conference National after getting promoted. My team is still listed as part-timers but last year I went ahead and signed all of my players to full-time contracts.

Here is the thing - the past two seasons I am seeing a rash of injuries. I do have two decent physio's, but they are only signed to part-time contracts because my board won't afford me enough funds to pay a full-time physio. Am I getting higher than normal injury rates because I don't have full time physio's for my now full-time players?

Thanks in advance.

bulletsponge 07-07-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhead (Post 1496265)
Quick question. I am getting back into WWSM '06. I am in my fourth season of the game, my second in the Conference National after getting promoted. My team is still listed as part-timers but last year I went ahead and signed all of my players to full-time contracts.

Here is the thing - the past two seasons I am seeing a rash of injuries. I do have two decent physio's, but they are only signed to part-time contracts because my board won't afford me enough funds to pay a full-time physio. Am I getting higher than normal injury rates because I don't have full time physio's for my now full-time players?

Thanks in advance.

what lvl of intensity are your training regimes? medium should be the highest you put them on. try lowering them a notch or 2 you might get fewer injuries

Eaglesfan27 07-07-2007 07:29 PM

Watching Soccer lately has made me start craving to play this again. I never picked up 07. Anyone have any complaints about WWSM 07 vs FM 07? I'm thinking about downloading tonight.

Toddzilla 07-07-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 1496341)
Watching Soccer lately has made me start craving to play this again. I never picked up 07. Anyone have any complaints about WWSM 07 vs FM 07? I'm thinking about downloading tonight.

GET IT.

bulletsponge 07-07-2007 07:32 PM

i think 07 is the best version yet. the scouting is much improved, and the game is tougher

Eaglesfan27 07-07-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulletsponge (Post 1496346)
i think 07 is the best version yet. the scouting is much improved, and the game is tougher

Any crashes or other problems with the WWSM version?

st.cronin 07-07-2007 07:37 PM

I've had zero technical issues, EF. I think its an ENORMOUS improvement over the last version.

Eaglesfan27 07-07-2007 07:37 PM

Cool. It's been a while since I've had this itch.. going to download now.

Eaglesfan27 07-07-2007 07:48 PM

Anyone know of a good mirror site for downloading WWSM 07? The SI download will take another 4 hours at the current pace..

bulletsponge 07-07-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 1496349)
Any crashes or other problems with the WWSM version?

no, i have the WWSM version and have no problems.

st.cronin 07-07-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacman (Post 1459147)

This is where I got it from, EF.

Eaglesfan27 07-07-2007 08:11 PM

Thanks. I just finished downloading from there (a google link finally worked.)

Now for a stupid question (can't believe how much I've forgotten): Do I need to find and download the 7.0.1 patch or will the 7.0.2 patch work well on the 7.0.0 version?

st.cronin 07-07-2007 08:14 PM

I think I just patched it once, with the 7.0.2 patch.

DaddyTorgo 07-07-2007 08:38 PM

patches generally include all previous patch-fixes too.

finkenst 07-07-2007 08:59 PM

Ef27..

NOOOOOOOooooo

don't do it....

it's crack...

you're a psychiatrist...

you should know better...

i hate mark vaughan. :)

DaddyTorgo 07-07-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finkenst (Post 1496403)
Ef27..

NOOOOOOOooooo

don't do it....

it's crack...

you're a psychiatrist...

you should know better...

i hate mark vaughan. :)

QFT.

speaking of which...i need to go and get my cd and toss it in so I can get my fix.

I think my total time spent on this savegame is something like...18 days or something?

hoosierdude 07-07-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 1496405)
QFT.

speaking of which...i need to go and get my cd and toss it in so I can get my fix.

I think my total time spent on this savegame is something like...18 days or something?

CD? I keep my CD in the player so I can fire it up anytime. I never found a good No-CD hack, and I would rather play when it hits me. :)

Can't go a day without playing that game.

Eaglesfan27 07-07-2007 09:24 PM

Believe me, I know the dangers. My FM 05 dynasty had a ridiculous number of hours put into it. I've started out unemployed and am just simming ahead waiting for a job opportunity now after FC Dallas turned me down.

Edit: What settings do most people use for the detail level where it asks about "full match engine?"

henry296 07-07-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry296 (Post 1494947)
Just wanted to comment on some of my experiences. I started with Boston Utd in Division 2 and eventually made the Premier League. In my 4th year in the Premiership I ended with a six game winning streak and ended in 7th place with expectations to battle against relegation. The next year, I had higher expectations, but a couple of injuries left me towards the bottom of the table after the winter transfer season. After a big win over Man Utd, I get fired.

I wait and take over the Berlin job and qualify for the Euro Cup. I make the first knockout stage. Again, I struggle early and was actually in 16th at the midway point. However, I start to turn it around and get to 9th place with about 8 to play riding a two game winning streak. Again, fired just as I was turning it around. Now I look for another job. Should I move to the MLS or wait for another job in Europe? The Real Salt Lake job is open after Tony Meola went to Aston Villa. By the way it is 2021.

Follow-up. Berlin ended up getting relegated... ha ha ha. I took the Salt Lake job. This is a rebuilding effort and it is more difficult to find new players in the MLS.

Also, this game is up to 107 hours, although there are many times that I leave the CPU on with it open.

Young Drachma 07-08-2007 08:47 PM

I adapted Bea Arthur's American league for my own purposes and so, I'm able to go ahead and start playing in the league (I simmed a few years ahead). It's nice to have a promotion/relegation league comprised of US teams. Should be interesting. Especially since respectability at the worldwide level isn't something we can really get, except in exhibitions or maybe, the Club World Championship.

MrBug708 07-08-2007 09:08 PM

I just noticed that negiotiating trades in the MLS doesnt work. You negotiate, they accept and the original offer stands

Young Drachma 07-09-2007 03:46 PM

I'm going to go ahead and prepare the db for upload. If you download it, be advised I did a few kooky things to rig is so this American league could jumpstart itself to par with its European counterparts.

The first thing I did was setup a few transfers that basically screw the English teams and transfer cash to a few teams in the PLA. The idea here for me is, I never play with any other leagues turned on but this one, so it doesn't matter to me what happens in inactive leagues that I'm not watching. They're just talent pools for me to get players from.

There are other random things like having increased the reputation of Canada to create better regens down the line.

I view this mostly as a "base" db for you to tweak and adapt for your own purposes. I'm zipping it up now and will upload it here in a bit.

Be advised that this league won't act like MLS. You'll be playing in a league that's just like Belgium, except for the fact that all of the players are on MLS teams and otherwise North American based clubs. This is based off the foundation of Bea Arthur's db that he uploaded and I appreciate his work setting up, so it wasn't quite as painful to have to do this entirely from scratch myself. Because it can be annoying after a while.

No trading, no draft, etc. In other words, what a proper football league ought to be.

It's a four division setup, but only the first three are playable. The 4th division is separated into four separate divisions, the entire league is called the GoDaddy.com Fourth Division. But again, it's unplayable.

Here is the lineup of teams I've created:

Quote:

KEYSTONE LIGHT SOCCER LEAGUE (THIRD DIVISION)

Separated into two separate 16 team divisions
---
ALLTEL WIRELESS 3RD DIVISION
---
Portsmouth (VA) Tigers (Pompey Tigers)
Compton L.A. Union
Milwaukee 1846
Dakota Thundercats
Strikers of Minnesota
Tulsa Roughnecks
Nashville Metro
New Orleans FC
Ottawa FC
Providence FC
Quad City Metropolitan
Vermont Republic
Samuel Adams FC of Boston
Surge of Sacramento
Vancouver Pacific
Windsor City

TOSHIBA THIRD DIVISION
----
Arizona Scorpions
Calgary United
Golden AC of California
Desert Sun Las Vegas
Edmonton FC
The Great Alaskan Football Club
Indiana Invaders
Lehigh Valley Professional
Northern Virginia
Raleigh
San Diego
San Fernando Valley
Upper Peninsula
Virginia Beach
Westchester NY Football Club
Winnipeg Dynamos

SAMSUNG CHAMPIONSHIP (2nd Division)
---
Atlanta Silverbacks
Baltimore United
Carolina Brigade
Chicago Regiment
Royal Cleveland
Jersey Atlantic
Kansas City Wizards
Manchester (NH) American
Jacksonville Tea Men
Miami FC
Montreal Impact
Oklahoma Union
Rochester Rhinos
Real Salt Lake
Seattle Sounders
Steel City Pittsburgh
Toronto FC
Wyoming 1890

METLIFE PREMIER LEAGUE
---
Cosmos New York
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
D.C. United
Detroit Motor City
El Paso y Juarez
FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo
Los Angeles Galaxy
New England Revolution
New York Red Bulls
Philadelphia Athletic
Province Quebecois
Portland Rose City Athletic
San Jose Earthquakes
Santa Fe Capital
St. Louis Metropolitan

I'm going to go ahead and prepare the db for upload. If you download it, be advised I did a few kooky things to rig is so this American league could jumpstart itself to par with its European counterparts.

The first thing I did was setup a few transfers that basically screw the English teams and transfer cash to a few teams in the PLA. The idea here for me is, I never play with any other leagues turned on but this one, so it doesn't matter to me what happens in inactive leagues that I'm not watching. They're just talent pools for me to get players from.

I did turn on some of the awards too, so you'll have award winners in a variety of categories..mostly in the top division if I remember right.

There are other random things like having increased the reputation of Canada to create better regens down the line. I view this mostly as a "base" db for you to tweak and adapt for your own purposes. But it should give you a relatively good foundation and save you time if you decide to tinker with it.

Be sure to let me know what you come up with, too.

http://rapidshare.com/files/42042870...e_USA.zip.html

hoosierdude 07-09-2007 04:45 PM

Downloading now. I will definitely enjoy playing this. I might have to give up my other 3 dynasties I am playing. :) Thanks a lot Dark Cloud.

Flasch186 07-09-2007 09:27 PM

boycotted.

No Jacksonville Tea Men. Are you kidding?

fugetaboutit

Young Drachma 07-09-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flasch186 (Post 1498137)
boycotted.

No Jacksonville Tea Men. Are you kidding?

fugetaboutit

I knew I should've solicited on the boards about what teams to add. To be honest, after the top divisions, I get soo lazy with editing the teams that might NEVER see the light of day at the top.

And you might say, "why not have them at the top?"

I didn't know of them. :) ::researches::

Doh, right. NASL teams. Silly me.

Coffee Warlord 07-09-2007 09:32 PM

What, no Galesburg Avengers?

Young Drachma 07-09-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 1498142)
What, no Galesburg Avengers?

:)

You'd think I'd have put a Western Illinois team in the league, given how much time I spent there.

But...no. :)

Young Drachma 07-09-2007 11:43 PM

Uploaded it after making a few updates. You got your Tea Men. And if the Avengers can somehow get out of the 4th division, you'll see them. Their nickname? The Maytag Haters. :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/42042870...e_USA.zip.html

Celeval 07-09-2007 11:44 PM

Raleigh -> Carolina Railhawks

Toddzilla 07-10-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud (Post 1498197)
Uploaded it after making a few updates. You got your Tea Men. And if the Avengers can somehow get out of the 4th division, you'll see them. Their nickname? The Maytag Haters. :)

where do you install the zip to read the db? I try to start a new game, but don't get the option to select the US league, just "original" and "7.0.1".

Young Drachma 07-10-2007 10:19 AM

Oh okay gang. Load the db into the My Documents/Sports Interactive/Worldwide Soccer Manager/db directory.

Then when you load the db, you load the Canadian league. It's based off the same template as Bea Arthur's db that replaced Belgium with Canada. The reason for it is, you can't use USA or else, all of those stupid MLS rules rear their ugly head.

The teams are all 'based' in the USA, they're just playing in a technically Canadian league.

Toddzilla 07-10-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud (Post 1498373)
Oh okay gang. Load the db into the My Documents/Sports Interactive/Worldwide Soccer Manager/db directory.

Then when you load the db, you load the Canadian league. It's based off the same template as Bea Arthur's db that replaced Belgium with Canada. The reason for it is, you can't use USA or else, all of those stupid MLS rules rear their ugly head.

The teams are all 'based' in the USA, they're just playing in a technically Canadian league.

Canada isn't available as a country to select.

When you start a new game, the game asks you to choose a database. The options are "Original", "7.0.1" and "7.0.2". No matter which DB I choose, Canada is never a country I can select.

What am I missing?

Young Drachma 07-10-2007 11:34 AM

Here is my directory structure: C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007\db\Premier League of America

I unzipped the Premier League of America folder into the\db\ directory. If you do that and then go back to the main menu, that database ought to be an option and if it is, it should let you choose Canada. I'm using the same one I uploaded yesterday.

Toddzilla 07-10-2007 01:14 PM

Got it working - needed to upgrade to 7.0.2 in order to recognize the db.

Thanks a bunch for you help AND the db!!!

Young Drachma 07-10-2007 01:47 PM

Oh, also..if you're looking for Chivas USA, I hid them. They still exist. They're just not in any of the four divisions. I hate them and the idea of a minor league club in a US 'major' league. Just a bias of mine. Wasn't sure if anyone would miss them and I never designed the db for anyone else, so...that's part of why I didn't leave them.

I'm trying to settle on a team to start with now. It's actually pretty exciting. I've wanted a db like this for ages and finally have one now.

MrBug708 07-10-2007 08:24 PM

The general thought around here is that them as a minor league team basically folded. They aren't going to move any foreign players over to the "main" squad

Bea-Arthurs Hip 07-13-2007 02:08 PM

Dark Cloud - Glad you are getting some use out of it.

If anyone is interested I created another Mod DB. It is Canadian League again. But this time I left the MLS still in the DB and the two Canadian Leagues act as a seperate North American Competition.

The new Canadian Premier and Canadian Elite League was done as a edit to the Slovakian leagues. The Premier League Rep is 12, Elite League is 9 versus a MLS Rep of 15 ( I edited) So far I prefer this over my original DB as it has a North American Lower League feel to it.

I will advise now that if anyone is interested they must sim forward 2-3 years as I did not go through the pain of adding players to lots of the rosters, also the slovak league has a foreinger rule, which I am sure a real canadian league would have. So the 2-3 years of the AI sorting out all the issues is easier then fixing all of this myself .

DaddyTorgo 07-20-2007 03:35 PM

celebrated 1000 league games with my beloved Juventus side just now.

BigDPW 07-20-2007 04:36 PM

Anyone else have trouble selling off unwanted players from their team? I pretty much always play as spurs and it seems I can never get a decent value for any of my players that I am trying to phase out of the team.

Guys that have some value on the transfer market IRL seem to never get any offers for them. When I list them or offer them out no one wants them even though they can be valuable to many teams out there and I often offer them out for big discounts over their market value just trying to generate funds for them.

For the players that are my top 2-5 players and that I would not take the moon for I always seem to get offers so I usually push their value up to 20-30 M pounds to see if anyone will bite (Defoe, Lennon, Berbatov)

Any advice on how to sell players more efficiently would be great. Seems I always list people or offer them out and just end up getting screwed by pissing them off and being stuck with an unhappy player in my squad.

DaddyTorgo 07-20-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDPW (Post 1507162)
Anyone else have trouble selling off unwanted players from their team? I pretty much always play as spurs and it seems I can never get a decent value for any of my players that I am trying to phase out of the team.

Guys that have some value on the transfer market IRL seem to never get any offers for them. When I list them or offer them out no one wants them even though they can be valuable to many teams out there and I often offer them out for big discounts over their market value just trying to generate funds for them.

For the players that are my top 2-5 players and that I would not take the moon for I always seem to get offers so I usually push their value up to 20-30 M pounds to see if anyone will bite (Defoe, Lennon, Berbatov)

Any advice on how to sell players more efficiently would be great. Seems I always list people or offer them out and just end up getting screwed by pissing them off and being stuck with an unhappy player in my squad.

loan them out, or play them in reserve fixtures or in limited first-team fixtures. They need to be seen to be attractive at anything close to market value.

Blade6119 07-20-2007 05:02 PM

Yup, ive found it much easier to move players if they are active...not so much with the resevers, but moving a player on loan or giving him some first team time in meaningless games has always had the double bonus of increasing interest and their value.

DaddyTorgo 07-20-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1507176)
Yup, ive found it much easier to move players if they are active...not so much with the resevers, but moving a player on loan or giving him some first team time in meaningless games has always had the double bonus of increasing interest and their value.

I havn't seen reserve-team action help that much, but definitely loan-time or time in the first-team

Blade6119 07-20-2007 07:39 PM

lol, were saying the same thing but we keep trying to correct the other :)

Blade6119 07-27-2007 06:21 PM

Wow, i just about died playing the game....took over PSV as a "sunday player" and everyone thought i couldnt handle it(players and fans). So i stumble a bit at first, but get a few key loans in and turn things around. About mid-way through the season, we take over first and i get a message that says: "Mayes gets PSV firing." I was pissed, threw my water bottle, cursed SI, the works. Then i read it again for effect and realized it was talking about our offense that was kicking ass of late. Needless to say, i was embarrased and relieved.

Back to your lives now, sorry

path12 07-27-2007 06:27 PM

That's funny.

flere-imsaho 07-27-2007 07:18 PM

LOL! :D

Eaglesfan27 07-28-2007 07:16 PM

Has anyone seen bad trades by the AI? I'm playing with Colorado in the MLS and NY wanted a player that I just took in the 3rd round of the superdraft, a decent looking striker who was nothing special. They offered a 1st round pick. I countered by asked for Josmer Altidore and to my shock they took it. In his first 3 games for me, he is kicking ass with 7 goals and 3 assists and he has turned my team around. His ratings look great before I got him too. The only reason I can figure that NY would make that trade is if they knew Altidore was about to draw a lot of international attention and was going to leave soon.

Eaglesfan27 07-28-2007 07:21 PM

Dola -

One thing I haven't figured out in 07: How do I praise a player to the media or is that option gone?

henry296 07-28-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 1513130)
Dola -

One thing I haven't figured out in 07: How do I praise a player to the media or is that option gone?

Right click - Player Interaction. They need to have played in a minimum number of games in a row to be able to praise or criticize.

Eaglesfan27 07-28-2007 07:24 PM

Thanks, Henry.

Critch 07-28-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 1513127)
Has anyone seen bad trades by the AI? I'm playing with Colorado in the MLS and NY wanted a player that I just took in the 3rd round of the superdraft, a decent looking striker who was nothing special. They offered a 1st round pick. I countered by asked for Josmer Altidore and to my shock they took it. In his first 3 games for me, he is kicking ass with 7 goals and 3 assists and he has turned my team around. His ratings look great before I got him too. The only reason I can figure that NY would make that trade is if they knew Altidore was about to draw a lot of international attention and was going to leave soon.

You could ask your scout to have a look at the player you just traded to New York, see if your scout sees some good potential about the guy that you were missing?

TazFTW 07-28-2007 08:01 PM

Do media predicition of players come true?

Like I'm currently managing Aston Villa and I have a middie who is labeled as "The next Steven Gerrard" and a defender labeled "The next John Terry". Is there a chance these players meet those expectations or is there no chance of that happening?

Marc Vaughan 07-28-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TazFTW (Post 1513158)
Do media predicition of players come true?

Like I'm currently managing Aston Villa and I have a middie who is labeled as "The next Steven Gerrard" and a defender labeled "The next John Terry". Is there a chance these players meet those expectations or is there no chance of that happening?

They can come true - but sometimes they don't, promising youngsters can sometimes get injured and never reach their potential (or indeed can simply not develop as far as expected) ... time will tell.

Eaglesfan27 07-28-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critch (Post 1513138)
You could ask your scout to have a look at the player you just traded to New York, see if your scout sees some good potential about the guy that you were missing?

I did and all 3 of my scouts bash the guy even worse than I thought they would. They say I should sign him as a last resort and he is far behind Altidore in current ability and potential. He is playing on NY's reserve squad and hasn't seen any 1st team action in the first 6 games since I sent him there.

Scholes 08-02-2007 06:26 PM

I wish there was a way to communicate a little more clearly with my players... I have a 19 year old stallion at center mid that is currently unhappy with me because he isn't seeing action in enough important matches. Cesc Fabregas is currently ahead of him in the pecking order, and obviously he's a little better. I just want to say hold on for the rest of the season, and I'll give you the shot next year, but I can't. I don't want to loan him out either, because he still is playing every third game + cup games and such, and I don't trust other teams to handle him.

Chief Rum 08-04-2007 02:36 AM

Forgive me if this has been asked months ago, but I am going mad trying to figure this out.

Why can't I see the player's attributes listed as numbers in the player profile page? It is only showing me the colored bars. Now if I pull out of that page to look at the roster pages, I can check out Physical/Mental/Technical/etc. and the numbers show up. But not on the player profile page. WTF?

Am I missing something completely obvious here? I have looked at Options and Preferences and all sorts of screens, and tried different things but I can't get the numbers to show in the player profile page. So what obvious thing am I missing here, because I can't fathom SI would design it this way.

I am using the default skin right now, BTW (Flexion), that comes with the game.

Chief Rum 08-04-2007 02:52 AM

Oh sonofa...

...as I suspected I am a dumb arse. Never mind.

DaddyTorgo 08-04-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scholes (Post 1517082)
I wish there was a way to communicate a little more clearly with my players... I have a 19 year old stallion at center mid that is currently unhappy with me because he isn't seeing action in enough important matches. Cesc Fabregas is currently ahead of him in the pecking order, and obviously he's a little better. I just want to say hold on for the rest of the season, and I'll give you the shot next year, but I can't. I don't want to loan him out either, because he still is playing every third game + cup games and such, and I don't trust other teams to handle him.

yeah. There really needs to be a communication option like "we value you as a future first-team player, but this year concentrate on getting experience and settling in."

Blade6119 08-04-2007 05:50 PM

Is their any way, if my buddy and i are running a network game(hes manchester united, and im a team in belgium) to set it up so that he is my parent club?

Flasch186 08-05-2007 03:58 PM

Exciting times.

2014- just won the World Cup with England defeating France...First time ever doing that.

Notice one thing that is ridiculously stupid...Jose Mourinho takes the job as Portugal's head coach but I also notice that he is the Physio for Linares. WHAT!!?? does his son play for the team? That is so unrealistic that I venture to guess that I truly didnt win the World Cup but the bizarro world FM is in got all screwy.

Scholes 08-05-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1518159)
Is their any way, if my buddy and i are running a network game(hes manchester united, and im a team in belgium) to set it up so that he is my parent club?

Once the game is started, I don't think so, unless you got really lucky with the teams the board picks, but I know you can change feeder clubs in the pre-game editor. Not sure how it applies to network games though.

MacroGuru 08-06-2007 12:13 AM

What do you feel are the best add-ons for this, I am reinstalling to play while I am travelling...

Young Drachma 08-06-2007 08:32 PM

So, I'm redoing my American Leagues a bit. I wonder where I should put teams. I don't really like the names of real life teams..so I doubt I'll use too many of them. I'm mostly focused on the lower divisions, so...if you have suggestions, please throw them out there.

flere-imsaho 08-07-2007 10:42 AM

Has anyone seen a keeper sent off for handling a backpass from a teammate? I could have sworn I saw an instance of this last night when I was playing. Based on the commentary, the defender clearly passed (with feet) the ball back to the keeper who picked it up. No foul, no card, etc....

Tell me I'm just imagining things....

dacman 08-07-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flere-imsaho (Post 1519333)
Has anyone seen a keeper sent off for handling a backpass from a teammate? I could have sworn I saw an instance of this last night when I was playing. Based on the commentary, the defender clearly passed (with feet) the ball back to the keeper who picked it up. No foul, no card, etc....

Tell me I'm just imagining things....

The keeper is allowed to handle a backpass in certain situations. Even if he's not allowed it's not a card-able offense ... indirect free kick at worst. Not sure if the game handles it right or not.

MrBug708 08-07-2007 12:18 PM

I imagine if the kick is poor enough and heading towards the goal and the goalie touches it with his hands, it could be a red card...

Young Drachma 08-08-2007 01:05 PM

Just beat Colombia in the 2014 WC Semi-Finals, as the US of A. Now I get to play Italy who won it again in 2010 for the title.

Young Drachma 08-08-2007 01:21 PM

1-0, USA. Man, it wasn't pretty. But a W is a W I guess.

2nd rd: 1-1 (5-4) over France
QF: 2-1 Germany
SF: 1-0 Colombia

Blade6119 08-09-2007 05:39 AM

Nice, Sven Goran just got appointed head coach of manchester city in my game...in mid 2007. Thats pretty damn realistic

Chief Rum 08-14-2007 05:43 PM

I'm so pissed at this game right now. I can't make a damn thing work tactically. I have done my own things, I have tried the tactics with the game, I have devised tactics from wwfan's theories at SIGames, I have dl'd tactics based on his theories, I have tried the Minimal Fuss tactic that is popular there. I have tried having all athletic teams, all decision-quality teams. I have tried being nice with them. I have tried yelling at them.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this team going (Hereford League 2), and I am about ready to toss the whole damn thing in the recycle bin.

DaddyTorgo 08-14-2007 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1524830)
I'm so pissed at this game right now. I can't make a damn thing work tactically. I have done my own things, I have tried the tactics with the game, I have devised tactics from wwfan's theories at SIGames, I have dl'd tactics based on his theories, I have tried the Minimal Fuss tactic that is popular there. I have tried having all athletic teams, all decision-quality teams. I have tried being nice with them. I have tried yelling at them.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this team going (Hereford League 2), and I am about ready to toss the whole damn thing in the recycle bin.

mayhaps we can be of help. What "type" of players would you say you have right now...in general, in midfield and up-top? do you have a playmaking midfielder? Are either of your strikers markedly better at one thing or another?

A team at that level you're likely looking either at long-ball or at direct-passing, unless you have come upon some singular talents who can dictate the game. Perhaps a slow tempo so they don't have to make decisions too quickly?

and you have to give the tactic time to settle in too, you can't go changing it up every match.

Chief Rum 08-14-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 1524837)
mayhaps we can be of help. What "type" of players would you say you have right now...in general, in midfield and up-top? do you have a playmaking midfielder? Are either of your strikers markedly better at one thing or another?

A team at that level you're likely looking either at long-ball or at direct-passing, unless you have come upon some singular talents who can dictate the game. Perhaps a slow tempo so they don't have to make decisions too quickly?

and you have to give the tactic time to settle in too, you can't go changing it up every match.

Oh, I know. I generally give the tactics time. But when I get ten games in, and I'm not seeing any improvement in play...

I was having decent early success with wwfan's tactic, but even then it was a little skittish. I had to click off the Offside because my defenders aren't smart enough to play that. Too many times it comes down to long runs to my goal, trying to catch their guy who managed to run onto a through ball.

I switched from wwfan's tactic to Minimal Fuss when I went on a seven game winless streak in November. I stuck with that for most of December and January, but I continue to have enormous issues scoring. I don't often give up a lot of goals, either, which is good, but watching my defenders continue to scramble to catch attackers on the run, and seeing my goalkeeper continually fighting off close chances (and me always losing the shot differential), makes me think I am more lucky than good defensively. And on offense, you get one goal on me, and it's likely I'm done.

As will happen with lower league sides, there are no perfect players here. I have a round of veteran players I brought in to what had been a way too young side, but they have been very hit and miss. They are probably the best technical decision makers on my team, but they are all slow and old, and never seem to make a real impact. I have some decently fast wingers, and when I get something going, usually they're involved. But they give up possession way too easily and make stupid passes. I have one actual targetman, but the flaming git hasn't met a net he can full on miss from two feet away. I have given up on him. He doesn't win enough in the air to make it worth my while, nor does he make good decisions once he has the ball. I have one really fast striker who is my leading goal scorer, but he has been cold as hell for two to three months now after doing well early. I have an Indian striker I brought in who has been good in spots, but he hasn't really been the answer either.

For me, what really sets me off is the decision-making. Not going to a ball int he open that you're much closer to when an opponent is making a run for it. Passing it out of bounds from under no pressure when you have a player down the field who is open. Dallying on the ball in the midfield and giving up possession too easily. Not getting the ball from the other team fast enough.

Chief Rum 08-14-2007 06:43 PM

So I scheduled a friendly with an all-gray player lower, lower league squad to get my team a positive results. We dominant the ball play--and we're losing 2-0 at the half on a breakwaya and a penalty?!? :mad:

We came back to win 3-2 in the second half, but you have to be shittin' me.

The comeback did help, though. Most of my players are back to Good or better in Morale.

Crapshoot 08-14-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1524850)

For me, what really sets me off is the decision-making. Not going to a ball int he open that you're much closer to when an opponent is making a run for it. Passing it out of bounds from under no pressure when you have a player down the field who is open. Dallying on the ball in the midfield and giving up possession too easily. Not getting the ball from the other team fast enough.

Yeah, that bugs me. More often than not, you can see the AI react - on a ball, he'll pass and start running and only then realize that it wasn't completed. It drives me nuts to see my team have free-kicks, and the only action is to attempt a short pass which is then intercepted. You see the AI breaking one direction, and then recognizing that the ball is going the other way.

Marc Vaughan 08-15-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

First off don't try and use any really convoluted tactics while your players aren't too skillful - there area lot of 'unbeatable' tactics available for download on the internet which I'm sure are fantastic if you have a team of world class players ..... but which fall apart rapidly when used with a bunch of ex-brick layers lumping the ball about.

If you're struggling in the lower leagues then try and keep things solid, even partially defensive (4132 is my preferred 'stubborn' formation, the DMC gives the defense a lot of cover) and ensure you have some old hands on board with decent influence to keep the ship steady (a lot of humans love bringing through young talent but forget they need advice and reassurance from experienced players when the going gets tough).

Jon 08-23-2007 08:22 AM

One quick question: what type of league setup do you guys use? I can play 34 leagues in eight countries, but it does go a bit slower. But I was wondering what others use: how many Europe, South America, North America, etc.
Thanks.

path12 08-23-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon (Post 1530774)
One quick question: what type of league setup do you guys use? I can play 34 leagues in eight countries, but it does go a bit slower. But I was wondering what others use: how many Europe, South America, North America, etc.
Thanks.

My current game has England through the conferences, Germany, France, Italy and Spain through 2nd division, Scotland, Holland, Denmark, Portugal, Norway and Sweden top division. The only ones that I have as playable are England through conferences, Germany, France and Spain.

Fighter of Foo 08-23-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDPW (Post 1507162)

I just took over spurs after being offered the job and maybe it affects them more than other teams because I've never had as much of a problem offloading players anywhere else in this version. That said, you can probably mutually release anyone decent which will at least save you a few million in wages.